• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Player of...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Arjun said:
Player of the tournament may be one of Shaun Pollock, Lance Klusener, Jacques Kallis, Chris Cairns, Scott Styris, Jacob Oram, Andrew Flintoff, Virendra Sehwag, Abdul Razzaq (Pak), Chris Gayle, Adam Gilchrist, and all players who are good at more than one skill.

It may be a tournament for the power players- the express pace bowlers and the hard hitters.
I'd love nothing more than to see the express bowlers, Lee and Sami, hammered around the park and all those who try to smack it a million miles deceived and made to look foolish by the wily bowlers like Vaas, McGrath and Pollock.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
delkap said:
Thought that might irritate a few Indians, :D
Record belongs to Sachin-Dravid not Ganguly-Dravid !!! Get the facts correct .. :@ :p
Strange, I could have sworn Ganguly and Dravid at Taunton broke the record Dravid and Tendulkar set two days before.
When did Dravid and SRT get it back again.
Rest of the post.. :yawn:
Well it wasn't meant to be anything other than a random trail of thoughts. Look at the time of post.
Hope you take it well (;) :p)
I've had plenty of sarcastic nonsensical rubbish thrown at me by tooextracool and an occasional other, d'you really think that'll bother me? :p

tooextracool

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
3.20am? What? Why? Words fail me.. Don't you have a bed to sleep in?

As for partnerships: 331 between Tendulkar (186*) and Dravid (153) at Hyderabad in 1999 against the Kiwis.

All ODI 200 partnerships

Delkap 1-0 Dickinson
commone neil, we all know that his royal highness watches cricket more closely than you do and that cricinfo is always wrong. so if richard says it happened that way, then it happened that way.

Hit4Six

U19 Debutant
IMO(and how wrong i can be) Player of the tournament will be Tendulkar as he suddenly rediscovers all his big shots n smashes lee, shoaib n harmison outta the park...1 can always dream :D

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
3.20am? What? Why? Words fail me.. Don't you have a bed to sleep in?
Yeah, getting to sleep is so boring. 2:30 here, it's much more enervating... oh well... work to look forward to at 11:09 tomorrow.
As for partnerships: 331 between Tendulkar (186*) and Dravid (153) at Hyderabad in 1999 against the Kiwis.
Yes, I remember that now.
So no mitigation is allowed in the pityless Pickup World?
If not, equaliser to come, eventually, even if it's 15 years down the line...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
tooextracool said:
commone neil, we all know that his royal highness watches cricket more closely than you do and that cricinfo is always wrong. so if richard says it happened that way, then it happened that way.
Put it this way, if I say something happened one way and you say it happened another, it's infinately more likely it happened the way I say!
Incidentally, I can't ever remember saying I have clearly watched a match more closely than Neil. In fact, there was even an occasion where, sitting in the clubhouse watching the Third Test draw to a close as Thorpe and Giles put-on their crucial stand, I misquoted Giles' first-innings score by 2 runs and Neil was on-hand to correct me.
Compared to Mark-Ealham-hardly-ever-bowled-in-the-first-15-overs and all that... and "let's have a straw-poll because if everyone else says something happened in the way it didn't then that means the past is changed to make me right"...

Last edited:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd love nothing more than to see the express bowlers, Lee and Sami, hammered around the park and all those who try to smack it a million miles deceived and made to look foolish by the wily bowlers like Vaas, McGrath and Pollock.
Cricket is a power game...otherwise the Australians would not be miles ahead of the rest.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Player of the the tournament to be Stephen Fleming, with Brett Lee, Irfan Pathan, Vaas the outstanding bowlers of the tournament and Dravid,Andrew Flintoff, Ponting, Sangakkara and Kallis being batsmen with outstanding performances.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
JASON said:
Player of the the tournament to be Stephen Fleming, with Brett Lee, Irfan Pathan, Vaas the outstanding bowlers of the tournament and Dravid,Andrew Flintoff, Ponting, Sangakkara and Kallis being batsmen with outstanding performances.
i dont think lee will be that good at all... i guess we`ll see.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Arjun said:
Cricket is a power game...otherwise the Australians would not be miles ahead of the rest.
No, cricket is a skill game.

Like any other sport, power is useless if you don't have the skill to go with it.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Like any other sport, power is useless if you don't have the skill to go with it.
Obviously...but the more powerful of the skilled travel furtner...in more ways than one.

gio

U19 Cricketer
In all honesty, if England can beat Zim and SL and get to the semis then I fully expect Andrew Flintoff to play a massive part in that.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
gio said:
In all honesty, if England can beat Zim and SL and get to the semis then I fully expect Andrew Flintoff to play a massive part in that.
haha no bias there eh? ur avatar, ur sig...

a massive zebra

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:

Not any other sport. Simple pure power is very useful in 100m races, and World's Strongest Man etc...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:

And neither are any good unless you have guts and determination to go with the other assets.