• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pietersen v Dhoni

Pietersen v Dhoni

• Pietersen

• Dhoni

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
the gap between dhoni and kp is larger in odi's then the gap between kp and dhoni in test's, but kp is a way better t20I bat. Haven't seen dhoni play much in t20I but a sr of 125 for a middle order batsmen is pretty ****e, especially since he's only made 2 50's in 80 odd games. Would give it to KP purely on internationals, but if we take IPL into consideration then it gets alot harder, gap between the two in t20's closes ALOT.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Pietersen for me, though I definitely feel he could have done more in ODIs, but then look at the setup around him. He definitely got bogged down by our general ineptitude in the format. This is complete conjecture so take it as such but if we played ODIs in KP’s era the way we have since 2015 I suspect he himself would have achieved more in the format.

But even leaving that aside, I don’t think there’s a case to make for Dhoni in Tests and KP was the best in the world or thereabouts in his time in T20is. So this is an easy one for me.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pietersen for me, though I definitely feel he could have done more in ODIs, but then look at the setup around him. He definitely got bogged down by our general ineptitude in the format. This is complete conjecture so take it as such but if we played ODIs in KP’s era the way we have since 2015 I suspect he himself would have achieved more in the format.

But even leaving that aside, I don’t think there’s a case to make for Dhoni in Tests and KP was the best in the world or thereabouts in his time in T20is. So this is an easy one for me.
Any batsman playing on the wickets and grounds that England served up for ODIs in that period would have

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I dont like comparing multi skilled players on only one skill with others. But as a pure batsman across formats, I rate KP very high and better than both Gilly and Dhoni.