• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

pics on front page

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blewy said:
In about 12 months time i will be a certified freelance Journo with an all access media pass, ill strike a deal with ya James and we'll get the best photos possible ;)
Been there, done that.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Armadillo said:
I know that there might be copyright problems but surely you could copy and paste from somewhere like google images. Only problem being that they might not do action shots.
Don't Google Images link to images on websites and various web servers? Therefore aren't those images still under someone's copyright?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
Nor are you?
Sent : 03 April 2006 11:24:08
To : "'Sean Bennett'" <insuchaspin@hotmail.com>
Subject : RE: Cricket Web - Join The Team

Hi Sean,

Good news! You profiles were impressive!

I'll catch up with you on MSN shortly, and give you various access
rights :)

Congrats mate :)
:p

....He then ignored me on msn. They obviously weren't that impressive. :laugh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So you are on-track to becoming Staff?
Congrats.
What I was referring to with the "do I count" is that, to date, (like sledger) you have posted only others' articles. ;)

James

Cricket Web Owner
Armadillo said:
I know that there might be copyright problems but surely you could copy and paste from somewhere like google images. Only problem being that they might not do action shots.

As for the writing, I feel the website would be benefitted if the columns were in a more prominent position on the front page. People visiting the website might not be aware of the superb writing ability CW has on its team.
As Liam said, Google Images are image links to other websites, and we're not prepared to risk using copyrighted material.

Feature Articles are pretty high in the page, certianly aren't hidden. Where would you suggest putting them?

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
Somewhere where one wouldn't have to scroll down. Btw, why is the Fleming/Richardson thing on there, surely a bit outdated.

James

Cricket Web Owner
If you have to scroll down to read the Feature Articles, you must have one low resolution on your monitor.

Re Fleming/Richardson - because it's still generating a lot of interest.

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
Indeed, twas a pretty good ploy to get the site on 'the surfer' on cricinfo, probably got a fair bit of notice.