• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Parore joins ICL

crickhowell

U19 Vice-Captain
The ICL happened in Decmber? Bloody hell, heard nothing about it.

Really, they must know they're playing second-fiddle if they're chasing players like Parore. I agree with the "Masters" sentiment in one of the posts above.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
The ICL happened in Decmber? Bloody hell, heard nothing about it.

Really, they must know they're playing second-fiddle if they're chasing players like Parore. I agree with the "Masters" sentiment in one of the posts above.
The ICL happened in December with the international players in the T20, and the full 50's also happened recently- the latter was practically invisible for most of the series.

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
Any chance to see Taylor, The Chappels or hell, even Lilee and Thommo back?

At the rate it's going, they might as well...

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I hope the ICL have factored the cost of a dressing room security guard into Parore's salary..

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not sure. But the security guard would be required to keep an eye on valuables taking a walk out of the dressing room.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I hope Parore hasn't put on too much weight since he retired - I'd hate for him to be too fat to play ICL cricket... :ph34r:
Hahah...he actually looked reasonable fit when he played for the CPA XI vs the Under 19s in a curtain raiser to the NZ vs Bangladesh 20-20 match just before Christmas.

I actually think he'll play ok - he seemed to retire prematurely because
a) the selectors seemingly prefering Chris Nevin in ODIs and
b) his opportunities outside of cricket (he has a degree of some description)

To be fair he's probably a better buy than NZ ICL players like Hamish Marshall or Daryl Tuffey.

slugger

State Vice-Captain
he could hve been the original wicket keeper opener if it wasnt for the selectors taking the gloves off him when he opened and giving them to Germon or Nevin...

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
he could hve been the original wicket keeper opener if it wasnt for the selectors taking the gloves off him when he opened and giving them to Germon or Nevin...
Never really rated him as an opener to be honest - the class of 2000-2002 with Cairns, Harris and Parore at 5-6-7 or 6-7-8 was when he was his most effective IMO, even if the stats don't back that up.

slugger

State Vice-Captain
I havent looked at Parore's stats in detail but from memory I think he was a really good batsmen to partner with.. near the end.. So many finishers seem to Parore at the other end when the winning runs where hit.. but as I said I havent looked at them in detail so my memory could be playing tricks on me..

chalky

International Debutant
Does anyone know what reaction the ICL got in India? I'm thinking of viewing figures attendances, quality of cricket. I have seen no publicity of it what so ever in the UK only what I have read on this forum.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Does anyone know what reaction the ICL got in India? I'm thinking of viewing figures attendances, quality of cricket. I have seen no publicity of it what so ever in the UK only what I have read on this forum.
The crowds were quite good for Twenty20 stuff, considering the size of grounds. Don't think there was much publicity though outside the matches being showed on TV. I think though their 50-over comp, was completely swept under the carpet and no one heard anything about it, even in India.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
The ICL T20's started with a bang in the dance entertainment sequence, but the first match itself was far short of expectations. The crowds were initially high, but they dwindled, and so did TRP's. As for the 50-over matches, it was swept under the carpet, literally, with only DNA giving any coverage to it- and DNA is owned by Zee, who run this league!

chalky

International Debutant
The ICL T20's started with a bang in the dance entertainment sequence, but the first match itself was far short of expectations. The crowds were initially high, but they dwindled, and so did TRP's. As for the 50-over matches, it was swept under the carpet, literally, with only DNA giving any coverage to it- and DNA is owned by Zee, who run this league!
Cheers for that - it will be interesting to see what affect the IPL has on the ICL. Reading what you are saying there did seem to be a market for the 20/20 stuff, weather that stays the case after the IPL starts remains to be seen.