• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

One Test or Series Wonders

Ali TT

International Debutant
In his first 23 Tests, George Giffen scored 644@16.94 and took 60 wickets @28.10.

Then in 1894-5 he had one of the best all-round series of all time: 475 runs @ 52.77 and 34 wickets @ 24.11.

Then he returned to mediocrity in his last series: 119@19.83 and 9@31.66.
What about when Stuart Broad averaged 61 and 14 against India in 2011?

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Someone gets it!
I can't believe that anyone can look at his record and say that he only had one good series.
And please note, that unlike Hammond, Viv didn't face off against and feast off minnows. Also the best pace attack Wally faced during his peak was Constantine and Martindale, and he struggled. Viv faced Imran, Hadlee, Lillee and Thompson.
But sure, one series wonder.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
I can't believe that anyone can look at his record and say that he only had one good series.
And please note, that unlike Hammond, Viv didn't face off against and feast off minnows. Also the best pace attack Wally faced during his peak was Constantine and Martindale, and he struggled. Viv faced Imran, Hadlee, Lillee and Thompson.
But sure, one series wonder.
You seriously can’t even take a clear joke against your precious Viv?

If someone said Marshall was the worst of the Windies bowlers you’d be posting a paragraph or 3 on how wrong that is too. :sleep1:

Slifer

International Captain
You seriously can’t even take a clear joke against your precious Viv?

If someone said Marshall was the worst of the Windies bowlers you’d be posting a paragraph or 3 on how wrong that is too. :sleep1:
Admittedly I myself almost took the bait...

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Kurtis Patterson.
2 Tests , 1 Test hundred with a batting average of 144.00 which would make him the cricketer with the highest Test Average of all time..

Still only 30 years old too but unlikely to play another Test.
About to post his name and then noticed this post.