• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

(Ollie) White Watch

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Also known as the Perils of Nepotism.

Match One (vs. Wellington): 2 x dropped catches, 3 runs off 6 balls
Match Two (vs. Wellington): 1 run off 8 balls - also given not out when caught by Sneddon for 0 off 6.

Last edited:

Meridio

International Regular
Meanwhile Australia's nepo baby Mitchell Marsh is batting them to a victory after being in the utter ****. Hang your head in shame David White.

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Don't particularly rate this thread, TBH. Not really in the spirit of CW. Keep it in the Domestic thread rather than call out a domestic player explicitly with an individual thread. I'm no fan of the guy myself, but this type of thread is beneath you, HDS.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
To be fair I think he did well for North East Valley last summer* and it isn't as if the rest of the Otago batting lineup is Bradmanesque, although I'm not sure why Thorn Parkes wasn't picked (perhaps injured?).

* No idea what his Otago A numbers are like.

Anyway, I think Dion Ebrahim is probably just waiting for Hugo Tendulkar Bogue to start shaving then he'll be in. Zac Cumming could be a handy allround option too, but of course he's another "son of".

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Don't particularly rate this thread, TBH. Not really in the spirit of CW. Keep it in the Domestic thread rather than call out a domestic player explicitly with an individual thread. I'm no fan of the guy myself, but this type of thread is beneath you, HDS.
Calling a player out in the generic thread is fine, but in a specific thread isn’t? If he goes large, it gets highlighted equally and I get to eat humble pie.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
The thread does fit in with the spirit of the cyber-bullying of Michael Bracewell.

I reckon realise you're a middle aged man with imperfect information, hassling a kid on a public forum, and delete it.

ataraxia

International Coach
Well we can direct the complaints at David rather than Ollie, as has been the majority of the criticism, and the only problem with that is that it gets a little repetitive after a while, y'know. Complaining of Ollie is really just mixing it up (and complaints about a selected player's [lack of] cricketing ability are hardly south of commonplace).

HeathDavisSpeed

@Immenso It has been over 24 hours so I cannot delete it. If you don’t like it, report it and James can deal with it as he sees fit.

Or it could be changed to be about all kids of NZ cricketers. Snedden, Cumming, Kuggeleijn, McCullum, Pringle. Not Sears or Abbas.

Last edited:

jcas0167

International Debutant
To be fair I think he did well for North East Valley last summer* and it isn't as if the rest of the Otago batting lineup is Bradmanesque, although I'm not sure why Thorn Parkes wasn't picked (perhaps injured?).

Anyway, I think Dion Ebrahim is probably just waiting for Hugo Tendulkar Bogue to start shaving then he'll be in. Zac Cumming could be a handy allround option too, but of course he's another "son of".
Yeah, averaged ~64. Hopefully he finds his feet soon.

The thread does fit in with the spirit of the cyber-bullying of Michael Bracewell.

I reckon realise you're a middle aged man with imperfect information, hassling a kid on a public forum, and delete it.
Was actually thinking recently (I'm 45) how sports writing is often guys around my age dissecting the decisions and actions of people in their 20's - when I can see now how clueless I was at that age.

Last edited:

Chubb

International Regular

Difference between the Cumming boys and Ollie White is the Cummings have been age group standouts for years.

I kinda get what Smudge is saying about this thread but equally White is an interesting case.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

What happened to Beckham Wheeler-Greenall? Played for Otago in a couple of T20s, appears to have been Dunedin club cricketer of the year in 2022 and 2023. Competing with Lockrose, I assume?

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Was actually thinking recently (I'm 45) how sports writing is often guys around my age dissecting the decisions and actions of people in their 20's - when I can see now how clueless I was at that age.
Absolutely, with the NRL I often think a player who’s 25 or so can be seen as a veteran if they’ve been in first grade for five years. At 32 they’re looking at retirement. Even retirement age at NRL I was pretty clueless.

Definitely worth remembering particularly with young players that they are pretty much kids.

ataraxia

International Coach
What happened to Beckham Wheeler-Greenall? Played for Otago in a couple of T20s, appears to have been Dunedin club cricketer of the year in 2022 and 2023. Competing with Lockrose, I assume?
His face was unliked.

Did have the same sort of nervy two matches as White, tbf

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
@Immenso It has been over 24 hours so I cannot delete it. If you don’t like it, report it and James can deal with it as he sees fit.

Or it could be changed to be about all kids of NZ cricketers. Snedden, Cumming, Kuggeleijn, McCullum, Pringle. Not Sears or Abbas.

Plus young Rutherford who might turn Otago's season around, that Latham lad who looks set to dominate Cummins, Starc, and Hazelwood, and Bracewell son and nephew.

Being serious, Thomas O'Connor is another name to watch.