• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Ofiicial India v Pakistan thread**

12th Man

U19 12th Man
Does anyone know why there are no matches at Kolkata and all the oned ay matches are at smallish grounds. Can you imagine Eden Gardens for the battle of asia!!!!!

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Kolkata got a Test versus South Africa and had the one-off ODI against Pakistan.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Dasa said:
Kolkata got a Test versus South Africa and had the one-off ODI against Pakistan.
And the Tsunami match which has been postponed sadly.

If Ahmedabad dont get the scheduled match, may be we still could manage a mtch vs Pakistan.

But the last match was horrible. Not cos we lost. It was so slow it finished at around 11.30 p.m. Horrendous.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
12th Man said:
Does anyone know why there are no matches at Kolkata and all the oned ay matches are at smallish grounds. Can you imagine Eden Gardens for the battle of asia!!!!!
I think the rotation system is stupid. They should rotate but the big games should be rotated amongst the big (in every sense) grounds and the small games amongst the lesser venues.

The problem, as with everything else is the votes. Every place has an equal strength when it comes to electing a BCCI Chief, so.... :@

shoot_me

School Boy/Girl Captain
SJS said:
I think the rotation system is stupid. They should rotate but the big games should be rotated amongst the big (in every sense) grounds and the small games amongst the lesser venues.
I agree completely. The rotation policy should be used but not during such an important series like Pakistan. Not to mention a series that requires this much security.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Pratyush said:
And the Tsunami match which has been postponed sadly.

If Ahmedabad dont get the scheduled match, may be we still could manage a mtch vs Pakistan.

But the last match was horrible. Not cos we lost. It was so slow it finished at around 11.30 p.m. Horrendous.
I think, if Ahmedabad don't get the match, it will most probably come to Chennai, based on the rotation system. Because we have come upto Bangalore according to the rotation and the next in line has to be Chennai.

shoot_me

School Boy/Girl Captain
honestbharani said:
I think, if Ahmedabad don't get the match, it will most probably come to Chennai, based on the rotation system. Because we have come upto Bangalore according to the rotation and the next in line has to be Chennai.
I am desperately hoping that the Ahmedabad match will be hosted in Chennai. It deserves to host an india-pak match because the crowd is so friendly and the atmosphere is always great. awesome place.

cricket player

International Debutant
I still remember the crowd cheering the pakistani team after they won a test match againts india in chennia.Perhaps i have been lately depressed or should i say puddy much disappointed the way the eden garden crowd has acted.The whole world watched the match between pakistan and india in kolkata it was truely disappointing.I was expecting some thing bigger from the crowd.