• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Women's T20 World Cup 2020

cnerd123

likes this
Women's cricket doesn't work that way slippy

These top edges have helped tho. But reckon India's got this.

Bhatiya is a gun keeper.

tony p

First Class Debutant
looking at the remaining fixtures, australia are no certainties to qualify for the finals.

they don't want n.z. to beat india on thursday, if they do australia would have to beat n.z by a certain amount depending on run rates.

i'm expecting n.z to beat india, aust to beat bangladesh, n.z to beat bangladesh, india to beat sri lanka.

if that happens coming to the last match, n.z. v aust, the points table will look like this.

india, played 4, points 6
n.z played 3 points 6
aust. played 3 points 4

australia would need to win by a significant margin to qualify on runrate. of course it would help aust. if india beat n.z on thursday.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
If Australia get past the group stages, I am sure they are winning the whole thing. The team is quite strong compared to other teams and just not lived up to their strength due to some tactical errors as well as other factors.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Still scratching my head over the lack of a review in that first-ball dismissal for WI. Clearly pitched well outside leg.

_Ed_

So nervous about this one. :unsure:

But I'm pleased to see Peterson and Mair come in.

Last edited:

_Ed_

Ominous early hitting by Mandhana.

EDIT: And now Shafali Verma too. Eep.

EDIT 2: Yesss Lea.

Last edited:

vcs

Indian batswomen need to improve their strike rotation a bit, they seem to hit the ball in the air as soon as they play a couple of dot balls. NZ's catching has been poor though.

cnerd123

likes this
Bhatiya is a gun keeper, not that great a bat tho

Can't afford to drop Verma twice. Hope she goes big today

vcs

It's all very block-bash. Why can't they place the ball about a bit and try running twos?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Indian batswomen need to improve their strike rotation a bit, they seem to hit the ball in the air as soon as they play a couple of dot balls. NZ's catching has been poor though.
Not sure since I have only very recently started watching, but from what I have seen so far, I think catching is in general poor in women's cricket and has a lot of catching up to do with men's cricket.