• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Womens' Ashes 2019

Spark

Global Moderator
Some massive front pads out there for England today. Gotta stop planting that front foot in front of off stump like that.

Howe_zat

Audio File
World champions getting belted at home. I know Australia were favourites but I can't think of a recent example of that in the mens or womens game.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Pez is a legend, also great work by Lanning and Healy though. The scoreboard pressure was good to have as well as a strike bowler steaming in

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
1 Test? Why don't the women get to play a proper series? Is it a physical thing or can they just not justify tying up the grounds/resources for 5 days if no one is watching it?
It is mainly an issue of money and resources yeah. Our womens team pretty much universally want to play more long form cricket but administrators have other ideas

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It is mainly an issue of money and resources yeah. Our womens team pretty much universally want to play more long from cricket but administrators have other ideas
Maybe they could just play on smaller grounds. Like fair enough you can't have Lord's or the MCG for 5 days used up for what is essentially charity but surely some grade grounds would be practically free right? Play 3 Tests at various grade/club grounds. Can't expect Womens' Test cricket to grow if you never play it.

_Ed_

And only two nations even play tests at all (in the last couple of decades).

Last edited:

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Said Test starts tonight at Taunton. All indications are that the pitch will take plenty of turn, as has been the way in county cricket over the last couple of years.

Australia should play Tayla Vlaeminck imo. Like the way she goes about her bowling, likes to steam in and get it through as quickly as possible

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Hmm first sentence could be the main reason why we dont play Vlaeminck. Of course Schutt and Perry play. I think Wareham and Jonassen do too. Then I guess its a question of balance.

TheJediBrah

I'm going to give this a red hot crack tonight. Don't think I've ever seen any of a women's test before

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Schutt and Perry clearly take the new ball, best opening bowling partnership in women's cricket by a long way. But on a pitch not offering much to seam bowlers, Vlaeminck can add something different to the attack with her extra half a yard of pace.

All indications are that Healy will open the batting, not keen personally. Have always thought that the keeper should never open in red ball cricket, same story for the women as for the men there

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
England has prepared a spinners' pitch to warrant a result and get more points but it might play into Australia's hands. Australia's spin attack of Gardner, Jonassen and Molineux is good and experienced and all of them can bat as well. England have just Ecclestone who has been in decent form in recent months but not sure if she can run through the line-up.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
All said, in any pitch, it depends on how Perry and Sciver perform. They are the Stokes and Shakib of these teams.