• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in South Africa 2022/23

Flametree

International 12th Man
Nice to see Markram back. To the poster asking where he was for the Australian tour - he'd averaged about 14 in his previous 10 tests so dropping him was probably an act of kindness. I'd have thought he'd thrive more at number 4, so de Zorsi to open and Petersen at 3 seems the right option...

I thought Linde was the number 6/7 batsman who can bowl a bit of spin to allow 4 seamers?

I like Holder but he'd better start scoring some runs again, which he hasn't been doing lately, because with Mayers in the side it's hard to see what role he really has for away tours...

How are captains not getting banned from matches on a regular basis? Does anyone outside of the subcontinent get even close to 90 overs per day anymore?

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Poor start from Joseph. Have a feeling SA will get 370 odd and WI will be in pain.

Heh, wrong again. Good ball but he's played that atrociously. Classic tailender dismissal.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
I'd go :

1.Kraigg Brathwaite
2.Dean Elgar
3.Tagenarine Chanderpaul
4.Aiden Markram
5.Temba Bavuma
6.Kyle Mayers
7.Joshua Da Silva (WK)
8.Jason Holder
9.Marco Jansen
10.Kagiso Rabada
11.Anrich Nortje

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Does need to work on his economy , too many 4 balls ..The best bowlers control the run rate
He is 22... needs lots more work on a few aspects. (Same as Jansen) But looks really good and has a great attitude and lots of fire; can't ask for more at such a young age. Why I love him in the setup early, will improve quickly.

Every SA lover of cricket should love the thought of Coetzee, Rabada, Nortje, Jansen steaming in.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
He is 22... needs lots more work on a few aspects. (Same as Jansen) But looks really good and has a great attitude and lots of fire; can't ask for more at such a young age. Why I love him in the setup early, will improve quickly.

Every SA lover of cricket should love the thought of Coetzee, Rabada, Nortje, Jansen steaming in.
Ngidi debuted at 22 and got a 6-for vs India , now he's no longer in the team so it's a tough school , lots of competition for places in the fast bowling department,which is a good headache.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Ngidi debuted at 22 and got a 6-for vs India , now he's no longer in the team so it's a tough school , lots of competition for places in the fast bowling department,which is a good headache.
Ngidi is still most definitely the next in line... and I would prefer him in the LO squads. But raw intimidating pace really works well in Test cricket and it can work well everywhere. It was a huge basis for the WI success in the 80s....

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Did I really hear Michael Holding refer to a short person as vertically challenged?

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
This is a ****ing good partnership between Reifer and Blackwood , this West Indies side came to play good cricket , since the third session of day 1 they have been the better team .