• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies A Team Tour of South Africa- 3 Unofficial Tests, 4-day Matches- November 21st to December 8th, 2023

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
South Africa A squad: Neil Brand (Titans, c), David Bedingham (WP), Ruan de Swardt (Dragons), Tony de Zorzi (WP), Clyde Fortuin (Rocks), Zubayr Hamza (Lions), Tshepo Moreki (Lions), Mihlali Mpongwana (WP), Duanne Olivier (Lions), Dane Patterson (WP), Keegan Petersen (Rocks), Dane Piedt (Knights), Raynard van Tonder (Dragons), Hardus Viljoen (Rocks) and Khaya Zondo (Dolphins).

West Indies A Squad:

Joshua Da Silva (capt), Tevin Imlach (vc), Kevlon Anderson, Tagenarine Chanderpaul, Kavem Hodge, Akeem Jordan, Shamar Joseph, Shermon Lewis, Jair McAllister, Zachary McCaskie, Kirk McKenzie, Abhijai Mansingh, Jayden Seales and Kevin Sinclair.

Fixtures:

21-24 November: First four-day match, Willowmoore Park, Benoni
28 November – 1 December: Second four-day match, Buffalo Park, East London
5-8 December: Third four-day match, Mangaung Oval, Bloemfontein

Last edited by a moderator:

SillyCowCorner1

They've picked guys who don't have SA20 contracts because they need to find players for the New Zealand test series. So they must feel that he looks like the best of the available spin options.
Still, want to look at youngsters who want to play for their country.

I don't know what the dynamic is with SA's FC system. They have seem to prioritize the curry goat more...

Dendarii

International Debutant
Still, want to look at youngsters who want to play for their country.
A lot of those youngsters will have SA20 contracts, so won't be available to play against New Zealand. So as a stop-gap measure they've gone for him, presumably because they think he's the best of what's left.

WICFan

U19 Captain
West Indies 'A' Squad:
Joshua Da Silva (capt), Tevin Imlach (vc), Kevlon Anderson, Tagenarine Chanderpaul, Kavem Hodge, Akeem Jordan, Shamar Joseph, Shermon Lewis, Jair McAllister, Zachary McCaskie, Kirk McKenzie, Abhijai Mansingh, Jayden Seales and Kevin Sinclair.

Andre Coley (Head Coach), Jimmy Adams and Shaun Tait (Assistant Coaches).

SillyCowCorner1

West Indies 'A' Squad:
Imlach coming in the setup and getting a senior role is an interesting thing. Kevlon Anderson will be one to look out for.

Was hoping they included Athanaze in there also.

Bahseph

State Captain
They've picked guys who don't have SA20 contracts because they need to find players for the New Zealand test series. So they must feel that he looks like the best of the available spin options.
I forgot about this when I saw the list. Out of the regular Test Team I think it will just be Elgar on that plane because the rest of them have SA20 contacts.

Petersen, Hamza, Zondo and de Zorzi are going from the batters. Olivier is going as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure they will take van Tonder and Bedingham. Where is Sipamla?

I must admit I didn't think about the Piedt situation but Maharaj, Harmer ,Muthusamy and Shamsi have SA20 contacts. So does Linde(but that wouldn't happen anyway). Piedt isn't a bad option but he has been out of top level cricket for some time.

SillyCowCorner1

Team Management

Andre Coley (Head Coach)
Dwain Gill (Team Manager)
Jimmy Adams (Assistant Coach)
Shaun Tait (Assistant Coach)
Barrington Gayle (Physiotherapist)
Asia Joseph (Strength & Conditioning Coach)

WICFan

U19 Captain
Imlach coming in the setup and getting a senior role is an interesting thing. Kevlon Anderson will be one to look out for.

Was hoping they included Athanaze in there also.
I think this tour is still ongoing while the white-ball series against England is on and also the West Indies Academy are hosting an Emerging Ireland side so there will be plenty of cricket.

Athanaze will probably be in the ODI side. Good that Tage, JDS and Seales are getting some more red-ball cricket. Would have took Mindley, Springer and Carty but can't really complain.

WICFan

U19 Captain
Teams:
South Africa: De Zorzi, Brand, Hamza, Petersen, Bedingham, Fortuin, Mpongwana, Viljoen, Piedt, Olivier, Moreki.

West Indies: McCaskie, Chanderpaul, McKenzie, Hodge, Da Silva, Imlach, Sinclair, Jordan, Lewis, Seales, McAllister.

SillyCowCorner1

South Africa A are 205/4 (55.0)

Fortuin 3*(11)
Peterson 57*(76)

Bedingham just dismissed by Sinclair (his 2nd wicket) for 47 (50)

SillyCowCorner1

5th wicket down for SA

Akeem Jordan knocks over Keegan Petersen for 59

SA 'A' are 208/5

We need to clean up them for under 250