• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* VB Series - Australia, India & Zimbabwe

V Reddy

International Debutant
My Indian team for tomorrow would be

Sehwag
Ganguly
Tendulkar
Laxman
Dravid
Yuvraj
Badani
Pathan
Agarkar
Balaji
Kumble

I don't think Nehra is fit yet and so will go in with Balaji.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
*Official* VB series (India-Australia-Zimbabwe) Thread

Since no one made a thread on this and its some thing which surely going to have a lot of discussion, I made one.

So who do you think will win the VB series and who is going to win tomorrow first of all?

The news is Pathan is schedulaed to make is international debut over Nehra who is either being sidelined or being dropped..

roofromoz

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I think the Australians can win the series, but I think it's going to be a tight three way battle. The Indians will carry on from their test form, and the Zimbabweans can spring the odd surprise or two, but they have to be good with BOTH the bat and ball, and just not be good with one and ordinary with the other if they are a chance.

I predict an Australia v India finals series, but one of the teams will make it ahead of Zimbabwe on run rate.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Zimbabwe have been known to spring a surprise victory every so often..but whether they can do it 2 or 3 times to knock either Australia or India out im not so sure.

There's no doubt though that Zimbabwe do have some talented players in that team like Sean Ervine, Heath Streak & Grant Flower. I hope for the sake of the series that they turn up and perhaps give some competition like New Zealand did a few years back when everyone automatically thought it would be an Aus/S.A final series.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mark Vermeulen will definitely be a key player for Zimbabwe. If the batting can fire for 255+ consistently, they may win one or two.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Zimbabwe has some good players like Andy Blignaut and Ray Price. I am sure they can win a few matches as they always give in their best. I see the Aussies as the favourites and a very high scoring tournament with no teams having good bowlers. Zimbabwe actually may well have the best bowling line up with quality players like Price and Streak in their ranks! Zimbabwe did trouble the Windies recently and they can certainly play and notch up a few wins. I dont see Australia losing the one day series in Australia. Its going to be hard fought but the Aussies will win in the end.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Pratyush said:
Zimbabwe actually may well have the best bowling line up with quality players like Price and Streak in their ranks!

Hahahahaha I wouldnt be surprised.

However, I must live up to what others like to call the Australian arrogancy and say NEVER!

ReallyCrazy

Banned
Linda said:
Hahahahaha I wouldnt be surprised.

However, I must live up to what others like to call the Australian arrogancy and say NEVER!
u arrogant aussies! You were brought back down to earth in the test series :saint:

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Down to earth? Wheres that? We didnt lose anything (Adelaide doesnt count, im talking about a trophy), so alls well down under.

Andre

International Regular
Linda said:
Down to earth? Wheres that? We didnt lose anything (Adelaide doesnt count, im talking about a trophy), so alls well down under.
Hmmmm....We never had a trophy to lose :rolleyes:

mikka_a

Cricket Spectator
Pratyush said:
Zimbabwe has some good players like Andy Blignaut and Ray Price. I am sure they can win a few matches as they always give in their best. I see the Aussies as the favourites and a very high scoring tournament with no teams having good bowlers. Zimbabwe actually may well have the best bowling line up with quality players like Price and Streak in their ranks! Zimbabwe did trouble the Windies recently and they can certainly play and notch up a few wins. I dont see Australia losing the one day series in Australia. Its going to be hard fought but the Aussies will win in the end.
Notch up a few wins??????:duh: its impossible. India is in great form so is Aus, i mean they r always in great form. I doubt if Zimbabwe can notch up 1 victory. I already see india and aus in the finals. But let me tell u 1 thing. If India bats first the match is solely unpredicted.

mikka_a

Cricket Spectator
Funny

Andre said:
Hmmmm....We never had a trophy to lose :rolleyes:
he he. India declared a little late and didnt give Aus the follow-on in Sydney . Thats why Aus somehow pulled it to a draw. Of course Aus didnt lose the trophy. :D

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Notch up a few wins?????? its impossible
Its not impossible. Zimbabwe has a good mix of talent and are not as bad as they look, specially in one dayers. It will be very difficult for them to win any thing but they can in one or two of the 8 matches they play.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Well Australia will be diappointed -- I mean hanging on for a draw at Sydney when a lot of Australian supporters basically expected to roll over India 3-0 or 4-0.
It was pathetic to see the World Champions limping towards a draw against a weak attack after all the arrogant pre-series talk about "chin music".

As for this tourney, I think if India are to win it, their seamers
have to bowl well. Kumble will certainly bowl well but the seam attack needs to bowl out of their skins.

Nehra may enjoy more success in the VB series -- the white kookaburra ball will swing more.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It's great to wake up knowing you're going to a cricket game that day :D

In a few hours I'll be off to watch India vs. Australia at the MCG. It's a tough game to call and if Ponting doesn't play, Australia may be in a bit of trouble but I'm predicting he will.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The likely lineup of the Indian team according to www.telegraphindia.com (the local calcutta newspaper to which Ganguly often 'leaks' information every time about team composition)

Ganguly
Sehwag
Dravid
Tendulkar
Laxman
Yuvraj
Badani
Agarkar
Kumble
Pathan
Nehra