• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** VB Series 2006

Blaze

Banned
How badly are Sri Lanka fielding?

Jeez, Australia are looking more than dangerous.

Good move to bring Vaas back.

Blaze

Banned
Dilshan has to be one of the best fielders in the world. He has surprised me with his skills.

Clarke batted maginficently but got out just when Australia needed him to go on with it.

Gideon

School Boy/Girl Captain
Looks like SL have won this.

Bad running by clarke to get symonds out there. And now that Clarke and Lee are out, it looks like SL will also get the bonus point.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Blaze said:
How badly are Sri Lanka fielding?

Jeez, Australia are looking more than dangerous.

Good move to bring Vaas back.
After seeing that runout, I disagree.

Sri Lanka have this game in the bag methinks.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Damn I love it when I'm right about who the key bowlers are. :) Great to see Bandara doing well and he had Clarke nailed for LBW early on; very unlucky to miss out on that one.

Blaze

Banned
BlackCap_Fan said:
After seeing that runout, I disagree.

Sri Lanka have this game in the bag methinks.
They have fielded badly, one runout doesn't change that.

Dilshan is the best by heaps though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Jono said:
Does Dilshan ever miss the stumps? He's right up there with Symonds, Ponting, Collingwood etc. as one of the best fielders in the world.
Dilshan backs me up with that run out of Symo :cool:

Sri Lanka in a good position to get the bonus point as well here.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Blaze said:
Posted a couple of weeks back.. I stand by that.
Yeah when he ran out Martyn. I remember that. He fielded beautifully in NZ as well where you spotted it. ;)

Top_Cat

Geez Louise, how quickly form can turn. A week ago, SL were the international whipping boys and people were wondering out loud whether they were even going to be competitive in this series. Now they're the form team and doing everything well; bowling, batting and fielding and about to take a bonus point off the Aussies. Brilliant stuff.

Blaze

Banned
Jono said:
Yeah when he ran out Martyn. I remember that. He fielded beautifully in NZ as well where you spotted it. ;)
Before he came to NZ I would have thought he was just an average fieldsman (no one round here seems to talk him up) but he is certainly in the Ponting, Symonds, Clarke, Marshall, Gibbs etc category.

_Ed_

Jono said:
Does Dilshan ever miss the stumps? He's right up there with Symonds, Ponting, Collingwood etc. as one of the best fielders in the world.
I absolutely agree, he was brilliant in the recent NZ tour. One of the very best.

Dissector

International Debutant
All three teams seem to be really struggling with the chase. This is the fourth time that the team batting second has been completely crushed. The only exception was South Africa chasing 228 but even then they needed some big hitting in the end to do it. Funny how things have changed from the NZ-Aus series when NZ made chasing 300+ look routine and almost pulled it off two games in a row.