• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** VB Series 2006

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Martyn gets caught playing the same shot that got him out in the Twenty20, only it was a no ball...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Oh my, Martyn caught off a no-ball.

SL have gotten so many 'wickets' of no-balls lately. :-/

andyc

Jono said:
Oh my, Martyn caught off a no-ball.

SL have gotten so many 'wickets' of no-balls lately. :-/
That's twice I've beaten you to a post in the last few minutes, Jono :p

Looks like Martyn's still in Twenty20 mode here with that six.

andyc

My god, how lucky are Australia right now!? Martyn caught off a no ball, then dropped, then Katich top edges for four...

andyc

Yeah good 50 from Katich there, he's playing really well. I don't know why people say he should be dropped from the one day side, he's great at just working singles and building an innings.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
andyc said:
Yeah good 50 from Katich there, he's playing really well. I don't know why people say he should be dropped from the one day side, he's great at just working singles and building an innings.
Yeah I agree, its just that he's not as flamboyant as other openers and hence is perceived to not be ideal for that position.

His last few knocks as opener in ODIs have been 58(79), 47(71), 54(65), 36(50), 2(4) and he's just been run out for 60(78).

Granted he's not going on with it and getting a ton, but he shouldn't be dropped on performance IMO.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Jono said:
Yeah I agree, its just that he's not as flamboyant as other openers and hence is perceived to not be ideal for that position.

His last few knocks as opener in ODIs have been 58(79), 47(71), 54(65), 36(50), 2(4) and he's just been run out for 60(78).

Granted he's not going on with it and getting a ton, but he shouldn't be dropped on performance IMO.
he scores far to slowly considering the batsmen we have in our team.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
But he doesn't go out early and sets a platform for Symonds, Clarke and Hussey to launch near the end. I see where you're coming from, but Hayden wasn't a 90+ strike rate batsman either, and he played quite well for a number of years with Gilly.

andyc

mikeW said:
he scores far to slowly considering the batsmen we have in our team.
He has a strike rate of 70 odd! 70 in itself is a very decent SR, but considering we've got Gilchrist, Ponting, Martyn, Symonds, Clarke and Hussey in the team, we need someone like him to get the singles and play as the anchor.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah, he's such a valuable cricketer to this SL team. Solid with the bat and ball, always contributing on top of his great fielding. After Murali, Vaas, Sangakkara and Atapattu I'd have him as the next most valuable player for SL in ODIs.

I hope he scores, I'm pretty damn sure I have him in my VB Series fantasy cricket team.

*goes to check*

Last edited: