• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***THE FINAL- India vs Australia - November 19th - Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad (D/N)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Congrats Australia. Hardly the best team in the tournament but again, showing up when it matters. Won an important toss, did not put a foot wrong since except perhaps both powerplays. Most importantly, outplayed us on a very Indian track. Well done. It could have easily been 200 all out for you guys but you made, with some luck, the right calls, esp. having Marnus around and backing Maxwell.

India has a lot of soul searching to do. The pressure thing is honestly a 100 times for India than it is for any other side except perhaps Pakistan or Bangladesh, given how important the sport is to the population. I just dont think its that important for the Aussie fans, at least with their cricket and that breeds a bit more confidence in their players, esp. in situations such as this.

For India, this means all the more reason to invest in bowlers who can bat and batsmen who can bowl, so they can go for it with a little more confidence. There is no way a score of 80/3 in the 11th over should feel like we will be lucky to get 250 here, and yet, its par for course for India in the last 8 years, given how bad the tailenders are.

Feel horrible for Rohit, Virat, Jaddu, Shami esp. as I dont think they will have another shot at a WC. We kept avoiding losing wickets in batches all tournament but that one mini collapse had to haunt us given our fragile batting resources today and it did. This ended up like the 2011 final or the 1996 final. Its a sucky way to feel when its your birthday, but hey, we all know here at CW there are bigger stuff happening in everyone's lives. This is just a distraction that I am not gonna have today. C'est le vie.

I am still bloody proud of a team that dominated a WC as much as we did this time. Champions even if they have not won, for me.

Darwin Award

U19 Cricketer
Is this the greatest partnership in a World Cup final?

The Miandad & Imran Khan partnership of 1992 was huge in the context of the match.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Stoinis should give his medal to Tanveer Singh, who no doubt has contributed more to the teams success through net bowling

cnerd123

likes this
This is a pretty heinous result given the relative strengths of the 2 sides and a tad unfortunate that conditions changed to mask Australia's weaknesses and expose India's but oh well, weird stuff happens in one-off matches. A jammy finish to a jammy tournament for Australia.
I think this is being overplayed. We just bottled it. The whole batting lineup except Rohit and Kohli were tentative. The bowling has been loose, the fielding average and plans have been scattered. Australia just came in and executed their skills much better. The difference in conditions does not negate the actual difference in performance by both teams.

subshakerz

International Coach
I am still bloody proud of a team that dominated a WC as much as we did this time. Champions even if they have not won, for me.
I don't think I saw a pretty collective tournament bowling display by a side, this final aside. I will remember that.

But India have this weird thing going on where their own success and prep seems to backfire on them.

Spark

Global Moderator
Man if only they hadn't lost their minds at Delhi and caught properly at the Oval, we could well be looking at the capstone in possibly the greatest single year for Aus cricket in living memory. Alas not to be

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is a pretty heinous result given the relative strengths of the 2 sides and a tad unfortunate that conditions changed to mask Australia's weaknesses and expose India's but oh well, weird stuff happens in one-off matches. A jammy finish to a jammy tournament for Australia.
We should have a big advantage on slow decks tbh