• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ana making life very difficult for herself.

Just saved 3 mps from 0-40 down. Has been up a break countless times in this third set.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, hopefully he matures in the years to come.

Chardy isn't a hack though. Seriously good win for the young Aussie.
When he's not at his best, Chardy is a hack. Can be a good player, but Tomic didn't have to do much today because it was Chardy at his worst. He has way too many of those days for a top fifty player.

Tomic will get bashed around by Feli in the next round I suspect. Will be lucky to take a set from him.

Putting it mildly.

Comes from the Hewitt school of douchbaggery, just without the same early career sucess.
Hopefully he mellows in later years like Hewitt has. I suspect once he gets an actual coach and his father moves to the back he might become less of a ****.

I reckon it is pretty sad, really. Going from where she was (one of the top few players in the world) to where she is now is such a shame considering it is pretty much exclusively thanks to injuries. She's been bashed around by Bartoli and Clijsters this summer, and I wouldn't be surprised to see her give it away in the next couple of years like Myskina did.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I reckon it is pretty sad, really. Going from where she was (one of the top few players in the world) to where she is now is such a shame considering it is pretty much exclusively thanks to injuries. She's been bashed around by Bartoli and Clijsters this summer, and I wouldn't be surprised to see her give it away in the next couple of years like Myskina did.
Yeah I agree. It's probably harsh to laugh.

Was tough watching her press conference there.

Then again she's a millionaire so my sympathy only goes so far :ph34r:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't quite understand the rankings system properly, so could someone please explain how/why Del Potro's ranking has fallen so dramatically after only 1 year of being injured? Just don't seem to remember many/any top 10 ranked players ranking falling so dramatically after a long spell forced by injury.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The way the ranking system works is on a 12 month rotation.

He missed a lot of tournaments in which he did well in (French Open semi-final and US Open champion in particular, along with strong Masters results). So he completely loses all those points, without gaining any at all.

If you have an unbelievably awesome year and then don't play the following year, your ranking will fall further than if you didn't win much and then don't play the following year.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hewitt just stayed in that 3rd set after being a break down. And Nalbandian eventually just fell away.

Quality professionalism from Hewitt.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What in God's name?

Nalband breaks back, breaks again and then serves for the set at 30-0 and is broken.

Last edited: