• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah. I don't really like the guy, but he's a pleasure to watch. Some of his service returns today were jaw-dropping.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Clijsters has played **** tennis all tournament (bar her easy victory over Safina).

Come on Radwanska knock her out FFS.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
One thing about Kim, even when she's playing **** she can retrieve a ball from nowhere.

Probably the best player in the women's game of getting balls back when she looks gone. Forces the opponent to play an extra shot every time. And in the women's game that is invaluable.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Also did anyone see Melzer and Petschner crack it at the Bryan Brothers after match point in the doubles for not apologising after they won match point on a let cord?

Was itstl

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Fed's reason for his loss to Novak at the US Open:

"But I was a bit confused mentally maybe because we played the second session - it was a back-to-back with the Super Saturday (in New York), which I'm not a huge fan of.

"Maybe I just felt like I have to get out of this match as quick as I could to save energy to play Rafa (Nadal) the next day. I think it ended up hurting me losing the match at the end.

howardj

International Coach
At long long last, four big marque guns will make it to the Semis in the Aussie Open.

Because it's so early doors in the season, a couple of duds usually pop up in the last four in this Slam.

Not this year.

Murray, Djokovic, Fed, Raf.

Bring it, please.

Game on, gentlemen.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nadal has the toughest quarter-final match of those big four, IMO. Ferrer is playing ludicrously well so far this year - undefeated.

Nadal still the favourite, obviously, but this is no walkover, IMO.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Exactly. Furthest thing from a walkover. Ferrer is a grinder and often takes a set off Rafa.

If Rafa is still a bit ill, Ferrer could shock the world tonight.

And if it happens I will blame Howard 100%

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ferrer breaks Rafa after an 18 minute game. Leads 2-0.

Howard lock your doors if Rafa loses this match.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Rafa breaks back immediately, but has called for the trainer. Obviously still sick.

This ****ing sucks.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
At long long last, four big marque guns will make it to the Semis in the Aussie Open.

Because it's so early doors in the season, a couple of duds usually pop up in the last four in this Slam.

Not this year.

Murray, Djokovic, Fed, Raf.

Bring it, please.

Game on, gentlemen.
This is the worst post in the history of this forum.