• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official*** Sri Lanka tour of Bangladesh,Mar 2024 #NaaginDerby

Aritro

International Regular
Also, not sure why Bangladesh have veered away from their tried and tested successful policy of employing excessive spin friendly pitches to the pace friendly ones now.
I don't mind them trying to get better in these conditions by having one match on a green top every now and then (as per the first test). This one's an absolute road though, it's not friendly to anyone.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Yes Hridoy should come in. Think Bangladesh management are making a lot of tactical errors.

1. Shakib should not be allowed to create the uncertainty in the set-up. He should either decide to play tests continuously or leave his place for someone else
2. Hridoy should come in for Shahadat
3. Mehedy should be batting at 7 or above or should not be playing. Playing him at 9 is stupid
4. Why was Shoriful dropped? Not good in tests? With Taskin retiring from tests, should groom Shoriful to lead the attack
Agreed with all the points

Shakib cant decide with random number generators when to play or not. I mean he could be the best batsman or bowler or both from the team but it unhinges team atmosphere. He decided to play this test out of nowhere after a gap of over one year just because he wanted to. This is not how things should dictate no matter how big a player he's. Plus his batting is **** now. I dont think hes fit to bat @top 6.

I'm not sure whats holding them to play Hridoy. He came into attention by performing in FC more than any format. So its stupid to think hes only limited over player. Dipu has been failing ever since he made few runs against West Indies A.

Aritro

International Regular
Yes Hridoy should come in. Think Bangladesh management are making a lot of tactical errors.

1. Shakib should not be allowed to create the uncertainty in the set-up. He should either decide to play tests continuously or leave his place for someone else
2. Hridoy should come in for Shahadat
3. Mehedy should be batting at 7 or above or should not be playing. Playing him at 9 is stupid
4. Why was Shoriful dropped? Not good in tests? With Taskin retiring from tests, should groom Shoriful to lead the attack
The Shoriful one is very strange. He's clearly the most talented bowler we've had in years and looks ok with the red ball. Fair enough they picked Khaled Ahmed after he took a haul but I don't see why there's any need to drop Shoriful for Hasan Mahmud.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Shoriful one is very strange. He's clearly the most talented bowler we've had in years and looks ok with the red ball. Fair enough they picked Khaled Ahmed after he took a haul but I don't see why there's any need to drop Shoriful for Hasan Mahmud.
I found it strange that neither Shoriful nor Rana was retained. They've gone into the test with two nearly identical short outswing bowlers of unexceptional pace (especially Khaled). I can understand retaining Khaled as he did okay in the first test and had better control than Rana, but he's old and is at his ceiling - I'd even argue should have done better on such a green pitch.

Bangladesh needs to start making better use of guys like Shoriful, Rana and also Tanzim who have the potential to offer a bit more than the usual 130 km/h outswing and seam bowlers that they play. It's not like they have depth and a playing a backup with a good track record.

That said it would massively help if they were even average at catching. It's very rare you can field as badly as Bangladesh have and not lose.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Hasan Mahmud has something about him. Much better than the useless Khaled. I'd keep playing him with Shoriful and discard khaled in future.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Maybe the pitch is not that easy for batting. In the first innings we dropped too many to let SL score 500+. Its maybe 300 pitch and we are 150 short from par first innings. Plenty of deliveries moved significantly after hitting the pitch.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What purpose does Shahadat actually serve in this team? He bats 6 (and isn't very good at that), doesn't bowl, and can't catch.

Aritro

International Regular
Another drop in slip. ****ing hell. Seriously so frustrating. 7th drop in the match and 3rd/4th off Hasan Mahmud
The poor ****ing kid, it must be soul destroying. Thank God they just caught this one. He deserves so much more.

Maybe the pitch is not that easy for batting. In the first innings we dropped too many to let SL score 500+. Its maybe 300 pitch and we are 150 short from par first innings. Plenty of deliveries moved significantly after hitting the pitch.
I think it really was pretty dead on Day 1. It looked like the ball was stopping for a cup of tea halfway up the pitch. And I don't think there's too many demons in it, even if it's doing a little bit. You could have put your house on us collapsing pathetically in the face of a big first innings score by the opposition. But Sri Lanka bowled well and our bats applied some club standard technique to good deliveries.

What purpose does Shahadat actually serve in this team? He bats 6 (and isn't very good at that), doesn't bowl, and can't catch.
He's a bat pad fielder extraordinaire

Aritro

International Regular
Hasan Mahmud having a roll here
Yeah I'm glad for him. How much do you think the margin of defeat is going to be? Hopefully under an innings and 300. Don't want to be too far up this list.

EDIT: Just realised it won't be an innings defeat lol

1711967881199.png

Last edited: