• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official*** Sri Lanka tour of Bangladesh,Mar 2024 #NaaginDerby

Aritro

International Regular
Shamim never seems to go away from commentary box
We just need more Deshi commentators. Including two to replace the axis of feeble. Hopefully Tamim's guest stint against New Zealand was an initiation into a permanent role.

If there was a Bangla feed on Youtube I'd be all over it.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Wellalage doesnt seem to be the right batsman for no7 spot. Hes in survival phase but not looking for rotating the strike

Aritro

International Regular
Magnificent from Liyanage, an innings of tremendous fight, composure and balls.

Not sure what happened to Jaker there or why he needs a stretcher. Having a collision when you've got your eyes on the ball is never fun though.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
What a find Liyanage is but again SL shot themselves in the foot. I think 235 is 20 runs below par hope to see some fight.

Aritro

International Regular
I see good old "14 after 14" has padded up as the concussion sub. AndyZaltzHair punches the air in delight.

Hopefully Shommo's knee is given plenty of time to recover from this concussion. We know too much now about the long-term effects of knee concussions to take any risks.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Don't understand it at all. It's technically an injury sub not a concussion one. Setting a dangerous precedent here.

Aritro

International Regular
We have tried Naim Sheikh and Bijoy before at opening spot as they scored heavily in domestic but they did no justice at this level. Then Tamim Iqbal incident happened and we had to bring Tanzid Tamim in. He built his reputation in the circuit mainly playing in under 19 and endorsed as the guy to be the future in opening by domestic coaches. I don't blame him for not performing straight away because he probably never before played in such competitive cricket. Thats why I thought we did not need to discard him because of his failures in WC. He'll get better only.
We are for sure. There's no one, and everyone who's been tried has been dog****. I do agree that he deserves to be dropped after averaging 14 in 14 matches though. It's fine to back talent, but when you have a not insignificant string of scores that reads like a phone number, I think you deserve to be dropped just to set some standards.

I mean he could hardly get fkn worse!
As I was saying, continuing to back Tanzid would have been the right decision and the selectors have erred in abandoning him.

Aritro

International Regular
Athar and Shamim banging on and on about playing the ball on its merits. It's international cricket you *****, how many bad balls do you think you get? If you want to be any good, particularly in the shorter formats, you have to get good at putting away decent balls. Do these ****s not watch other teams? Particularly the ones that put us to the sword?

But mostly you need to do it to manoeuvre fields around, lower bowlers confidence and put pressure on them and their captain. STFU FFS.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Athar and Shamim banging on and on about playing the ball on its merits. It's international cricket you *****, how many bad balls do you think you get? If you want to be any good, particularly in the shorter formats, you have to get good at putting away decent balls. Do these ****s not watch other teams? Particularly the ones that put us to the sword?

But mostly you need to do it to manoeuvre fields around, lower bowlers confidence and put pressure on them and their captain. STFU FFS.
its reflective of the times they played in

back then you could wait to #punish bad balls because you would always get them since the bowling past the stars was not as good like now