• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2022/23

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Dougie isn’t a terrible pick based on recent form, but he is a terrible pick based on the fact that he is yet another white, 30-something with a very average first-class record (and worse test record) and the right connections. As someone said earlier, “his face fits”. And I want to see some different faces please and thank you.
Dougeh.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Pick two of three from de Silva, Samaraweera and Mathews in the all time Sri Lanka xi at 5 and 6. I haven't looked it up but I suspect Mathews has the better all round record of the three...
My all time Sri Lankan Test XI would be :

1.Marvin Atapattu
2.Sanath Jayasuriya
3.Kumar Sangakkara
4.Mahela Jayawardene (C)
5.Aravinda De Silva
6.Angelo Mathews
7.Dinesh Chandimal (WK)
8.Rangana Herath
9.Chaminda Vaas
10.Lasith Malinga
11.Muttiah Muralitharan

James

Cricket Web Owner
Feel for Wagner with all the hate he's getting. He's one of our greatest ever bowlers (top 5? - Hadlee, Bond, Southee, Boult, Wagner) and deserves to go out on his own terms in my opinion.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
My all time Sri Lankan Test XI would be :

1.Marvin Atapattu
2.Sanath Jayasuriya
3.Kumar Sangakkara
4.Mahela Jayawardene (C)
5.Aravinda De Silva
6.Angelo Mathews
7.Dinesh Chandimal (WK)
8.Rangana Herath
9.Chaminda Vaas
10.Lasith Malinga
11.Muttiah Muralitharan
Yeah I think most people would get behind this.

Malinga having such a short and meh Test career compared to his boderline ATG white ball bowling would make me consider Ravi Ratnayeke ahead of him but I can't imagine that would be a popular choice.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Dougie isn’t a terrible pick based on recent form, but he is a terrible pick based on the fact that he is yet another white, 30-something with a very average first-class record (and worse test record) and the right connections. As someone said earlier, “his face fits”. And I want to see some different faces please and thank you.
Maybe this is why they selected Kuggeleijn, now everyone is thinking "Thank god they've gone with Doug!"

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Feel for Wagner with all the hate he's getting. He's one of our greatest ever bowlers (top 5? - Hadlee, Bond, Southee, Boult, Wagner) and deserves to go out on his own terms in my opinion.
Yeah I agree he's still winning test matches for New Zealand like he proved in the previous test , I wouldn't be closing the door just yet you can never write Wagner off.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
No Player X or Vettori?