• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2022/23

Meridio

International Regular
I must say , though, Chris Harris was surprisingly good when he stepped in to the ball-by-ball role. Rather than just analyst/comments guy. Thought he was better than the other 2 no-names. Who to he fair get zero practice. They also sounded too young to have heard the Sports Roundup days, would gave been brought up in the blokey Radio Sports days.
Ha, strange, I'd been thinking that Harris was pretty awful when I'd had it on in the car. Found him really biased and just talked in cliches - plus found him way off the mark when talking about Nicholls. Maybe that was with him in an analyst role rather than ball-by-ball.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Sri Lanka low key have one of the better batting line ups going around (just look at those numbers posted earlier) with Karunaratne, Mathews, Chandimal plus solid contributors like Dhananjaya and Mendis so I don't know how they do this sometimes.

They remind me a lot of our Fleming era batting. No 50+ bloke but a pile of good batsmen where one will pull something out of their arse in every game but across a series they have a good collapse in them.
Mathews and Chandimal should have been those dudes but just didnt pan out for various reasons

Socerer 01

International Captain
i saw that Bracewell pulled out of the odis because he has to play in ipl. meanwhile Hasaranga plays for the opponent in the same series skipping ipl for some time. Hasaranga is also a bigger name and more likely to play if he was available in ipl than Bracewell who will only be backup when rcb are at full strength and also is most likely paid lesser by his board

it is ridiculous and your cricket board should develop a backbone and stop silly **** like this. even worse when your captain skips an international series too when he is also unlikely to play anyway in ipl

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Ha, strange, I'd been thinking that Harris was pretty awful when I'd had it on in the car. Found him really biased and just talked in cliches - plus found him way off the mark when talking about Nicholls. Maybe that was with him in an analyst role rather than ball-by-ball.
Yes, I agree with all that whe he was in analyst role.

But thought he was smooth as ball-by-ball.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
i saw that Bracewell pulled out of the odis because he has to play in ipl. meanwhile Hasaranga plays for the opponent in the same series skipping ipl for some time. Hasaranga is also a bigger name and more likely to play if he was available in ipl than Bracewell who will only be backup when rcb are at full strength and also is most likely paid lesser by his board

it is ridiculous and your cricket board should develop a backbone and stop silly **** like this. even worse when your captain skips an international series too when he is also unlikely to play anyway in ipl
Nah. Problem here is we have scheduled a series in our Autumn. Also during IPL window. Easy solution for our board is a thing called summer.

Managing to not jam 2 months of the year with JAMODIs shouldn't be difficult .

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
In the radio comms yesterday when talking about Nicholls (after he'd already succeeded in passing ton and saving career). There was a very buddy, buddy reference to his brother , the press officer, who they thought would be listening. Left me very concerned at the clickiness.

We have no cricket media anymore. The ball-by-ball guys are people I've never heard of, who should not be matey-matey with the bro of player , on air.

Oh, for the dulcet tones of Ron Snowden. Who has 'earned the right' to broadcast test matches by spending thousands of hours in the Vance Stand gantry in cold southerlies, describing to enthralled listeners, yet another Evan Gray block dribbling to short cover.
That's why I appreciate this forum so much. There's nowhere else I can go for depth and reasoned analysis. I've moved away from mates and playing the game, but I still want to share my thoughts on the game and be able to access other people's thoughts as well to influence and challenge my own viewpoints.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member

This is a much win ODI series for SL to get direct qualification for the WC, whereas NZ's series in Asia are probably seen as more impt for us as WC prep

Socerer 01

International Captain
Nah. Problem here is we have scheduled a series in our Autumn. Also during IPL window. Easy solution for our board is a thing called summer.

Managing to not jam 2 months of the year with JAMODIs shouldn't be difficult .
it is late but it is very bad when you go to the tournament to sit on the bench for a team as an injury replacement when the dude who is a star in the same team is playing in the same international series. especially when he is going at the last second as an injury replacement and is forcing the international team to replace him. ****ing hell it should be the other way around with the t20 team losing a player abruptly because they got a chance to play international cricket as an injury replacement

Socerer 01

International Captain
This is a much win ODI series for SL to get direct qualification for the WC, whereas NZ's series in Asia are probably seen as more impt for us as WC prep
yeah i knew that reason but it feels so wrong with all of the added context i have given. i dont think Bracewell learns anything significant about Indian playing conditions sitting on rcb bench in April for a world cup in a different format with different pitches organised by different board in November in any case

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Tickner has the ability to be so effective, especially against Asian teams who are uncomfortable with height and bounce, but geez he struggles to hit a consistent line and particularly length