• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2022/23

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
It will be an interesting 'experiment' having a major sport back on FTA tv in NZ.

It is really quite incredible how much sporting fandom culture in nz has declined to almost non existent. Over 20 years.

I don't know if cricket would be major enough, or FTA omniscient enough anymore, to make a difference . But will be interesting to see.

Last edited:

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
It will be an interesting 'experiment' having a major sport back on FTA tv in NZ.

It is really quite incredible how much sporting fandom culture in nz has decline to almost non existent. Over 20 years.

I don't know if cricket would be major enough, or FTA omniscient enough anymore, to make a difference . But will be interesting to see.
Yeah, that's my thoughts too ... who even watches FTA anymore? It might not give NZC the boost they are hoping for, because the audience has declined so much.

I saw this a few weeks ago - look at those FTE 25-54 ratings, the top rated show only got 137,000 viewers! https://thespinoff.co.nz/live-updat...ntroversial-mafs-australia-has-outrated-1news

NZC has a huge job ahead to get the sport back into the public consciousness after three years on Spark and being ignored by Magic/Today on the radio.

jcas0167

International Debutant

It is really quite incredible how much sporting fandom culture in nz has declined to almost non existent. Over 20 years.

At least it will mean I can watch cricket at the Backbencher again.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing

If they're onto it they'll offer it on TVNZ+ as well as FTA. Watching it on your phone or iPad secretly at work with ads every over gap is a decent reach you'd think.