• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** South African Domestic Season 2018/19

SeamUp

International Coach
Game over ?

Marco Marais is the only genuine boundary hitter in domestic cricket that gets me excited that can push Miller for me but he also will have a bit to take away this season (his first at this level) for next season.

Consistency will never be great but he will need to win more games for Warriors next season.

SeamUp

International Coach
JJ Smuts has a bigger role than we think in SA cricket. With no Ingram/Ackermann - he is the guide to guys like Breetzke/Qeshile (2 of our most important batting talents) so it would be great if he lead by example here even if in a losing cause.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Hope the greatest and worst of human emotions...

Some great knocks by the senior players here. Some of the Warrior youngsters needed to show a bit more composure but experience tells.

Picked Smuts as a possibly all-round inclusion for WC! Fortuin has done brilliant this tournament as well.

SeamUp

International Coach
Hope the greatest and worst of human emotions...

Some great knocks by the senior players here. Some of the Warrior youngsters needed to show a bit more composure but experience tells.
Hopefully Breetzke, Qeshile and Marais have gained from the experience. So much to work with for all of them. To get to a final (T20) & SF (50-over) without Ingram, Ackermann, Harmer is impressive for a union that produces talent but struggles to keep them or maybe lacks depth (shown with Sipamla missing out here).

Look forward to watching this Warriors and my Cobras batting line-up next season.

SeamUp

International Coach
Some stats from the brilliant LocalcricketZA

With the #T20Challenge being complete here is an update of how players fared against spin.

Top 5 players against spin based on strike rate (min 25 balls):

1.) TB de Bruyn: 171,08
2.) DS Rosier: 159,18
3.) MP Breetzke: 152,54
4.) DG Bedingham: 147,37
5.) T de Zorzi: 146,34

Update on the SA love affair with pace during the #T20Challenge

Top 5 players against pace based on strike rate (min 30 balls):

1.) M Marais: 209,52
2.) SSB Magala: 184,09
3.) R Frylinck: 180,09
4.) JN Malan: 173,91
5.) F Behardien: 173,68

Facts about man of the tournament @Bjorn_Fortuin during this year's #T20Challenge.
1.) Leading overall wicket taker with 15 wickets.
2.) 2nd lowest overall bowling economy; 5,65 (min 10 overs)
3.) 6th lowest powerplay economy with 6,10 (min 5 overs) and 2nd lowest by a spinner.
4.) Most wickets in the powerplay overs with 9.
5.) Only 5 batsmen to face more than 6 deliveries from him had a strike rate higher than 100%.

Best economy rates during various phases of play during the #T20Challenge.

Powerplay (Min 5 overs)

1.) SC van Schalkwyk: 4,60
2.) G Coetzee: 5,00
3.) K Maharaj: 5,50
4.) OEG Baartman: 5,63
5.) DM Dupavillon: 5,93

Middle overs, 7 - 15 (Min 5 overs)

1.) BC Fortuin: 5,00
2.) P Subrayen: 5,67
3.) CJ Dala: 5,63
4.) K Maharaj: 5,67
5.) T Ntuli: 5,67

Death overs, 16 - 20 (Min 5 overs)

1.) BC Fortuin: 5,40
2.) SSB Magala: 6,68
3.) DM Dupavillon: 7,60
4.) SC van Schalkwyk: 8,53
5.) OEG Baartman: 8,59

Best strike rates during various phases of play during the #T20Challenge.

Powerplay (Min 24 balls)

1.) TB de Bruyn: 155,93
2.) JN Malan: 153,45
3.) C Chetty: 147,73
4.) VB van Jaarsveld: 147,14
5.) RD Rickelton: 135,92

Middle overs 7 - 15 (Min 30 balls)

1.) H Davids: 170,00
2.) TB de Bruyn: 164,71
3.) VB van Jaarsveld: 164,00
4.) DG Bedingham: 162,69
5.) DS Rosier: 158,02

Death overs 16 - 20 (Min 24 balls)

1.) M Marais: 242,31
2.) GM Thomson: 212,90
3.) HE van der Dussen: 205,45
4.) T Bavuma: 197,14
5.) R Frylinck: 184,09

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Some stats from the brilliant LocalcricketZA
It was highly entertaining. Pity so many games rained out. This could become a real showcase for cricket in SA a number of my friends that are casual cricket watches enjoyed this more than most of the international LO's because the players were new an unknown for them. Also great to create excitement over upcoming youngsters.

Death overs 16 - 20 (Min 24 balls)

3.) HE van der Dussen: 205,45
Think he should bat 5/6 for SA. I know that he has a 70 odd S/R in one day cricket but think that is much to do with his position in the batting line up. Think he could be a boon with 15 overs to go. We have enough top order batsmen.

SeamUp

International Coach
It was highly entertaining. Pity so many games rained out. This could become a real showcase for cricket in SA a number of my friends that are casual cricket watches enjoyed this more than most of the international LO's because the players were new an unknown for them. Also great to create excitement over upcoming youngsters.

Think he should bat 5/6 for SA. I know that he has a 70 odd S/R in one day cricket but think that is much to do with his position in the batting line up. Think he could be a boon with 15 overs to go. We have enough top order batsmen.
Vd Dussen has never batted there and don't you feel he is a player who builds an innings and then he explodes ? He seems to do it so well in T20 cricket in particular.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Vd Dussen has never batted there and don't you feel he is a player who builds an innings and then he explodes ? He seems to do it so well in T20 cricket in particular.
The can be said for our entire middle order line-up though. Markram and QDK have the ability to go from ball one, but as openers we not gonna push them down to 5 or 6. So I`m thinking more on form. van der Dussen has been playing well in the 20 over games and I feel asking him to treat it in a similar manner if he comes in at 5/6 will be good for him. I wonder if expecting or even wanting him to play the long hold the innings together is a lot of pressure in a WC when you have the likes of Duminy and Faf to play the 3/4 roles in the team. This is in the expectation of Amla not in the team though.