• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in South Africa 2022/23

Spark

Global Moderator
Stop, man. You really don't need to make so many tour threads that they end up all over the forum, let other people pick up some of the slack.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Stop, man. You really don't need to make so many tour threads that they end up all over the forum, let other people pick up some of the slack.
I don't understand why. There are times that tour threads don't created till midway through tours unless it is very high profile. Here there is someone who creates genuine tour threads for us to discuss out of his own interest.

Why do we have to ruin it?

Spark

Global Moderator
I don't understand why. There are times that tour threads don't created till midway through tours unless it is very high profile. Here there is someone who creates genuine tour threads for us to discuss out of his own interest.

Why do we have to ruin it?
This thread was originally in General Sports. I had to move it. Making tour threads is fine, making them in so many different subforums because you want them to get attention is not so fine.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
This thread was originally in General Sports. I had to move it. Making tour threads is fine, making them in so many different subforums because you want them to get attention is not so fine.
Its funny coz I would have thought the Cricket Chat forum would usually be more popular than a General Sports Forum in a site called CricketWeb, anyways.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
West Indies Test Squad announced for the SA tour:

FULL SQUAD

Kraigg Brathwaite (Captain)

Jermaine Blackwood (Vice Captain)

Alick Athanaze

Tagenarine Chanderpaul

Roston Chase

Joshua Da Silva

Shannon Gabriel

Jason Holder

Akeem Jordan

Alzarri Joseph

Kyle Mayers

Gudakesh Motie

Raymon Reifer

Kemar Roach

Devon Thomas

We finally have Athanze in there; also good to see Akeem

Beamer

International Vice-Captain

FULL SQUAD

Alick Athanaze

Tagenarine Chanderpaul

Roston Chase

Joshua Da Silva

Shannon Gabriel

Jason Holder

Akeem Jordan

Alzarri Joseph

Kyle Mayers

Gudakesh Motie

Raymon Reifer

Kemar Roach

Devon Thomas

So Athanaze is worth a go for sure, but why for Bonner when Chase, Reifer, Blackwood all average way less than him? Jordan is a skillful medium pacer but why has he leapfrogged Mindley already? Bajan passport is handy eh?!

Really fed up of Haynes tbh.

WICFan

U19 Captain
So Athanaze is worth a go for sure, but why for Bonner when Chase, Reifer, Blackwood all average way less than him? Jordan is a skillful medium pacer but why has he leapfrogged Mindley already? Bajan passport is handy eh?!

Really fed up of Haynes tbh.
Yeah, you would think there is a Bajan quota when it comes to selection.

Mindley can count himself unlucky and Darren Bravo too after his twin 100s in the last regional game.

Beamer

Mindley can count himself unlucky and Darren Bravo too after his twin 100s in the last regional game.
There just seems no logic being used since Haynes took over. I genuinely miss the previous panel! Classic case of the grass not always being greener.

G. S. Kohli

I am glad Dareen Bravo "Done" finally who sue WICB sometime ago when they ignor him.

G. S. Kohli

FULL SQUAD

Alick Athanaze

Tagenarine Chanderpaul

Roston Chase

Joshua Da Silva

Shannon Gabriel

Jason Holder

Akeem Jordan

Alzarri Joseph

Kyle Mayers

Gudakesh Motie

Raymon Reifer

Kemar Roach

Devon Thomas

2 test+3 ODI+ 3 T20I

South Africa vs West Indies Test series (WTC)

Feb 28-Mar 04,2023
1st Test at SuperSport Park, Centurion
13:30 IST / 08:00 GMT

Mar 08,
South Africa vs West Indies
2nd Test at The Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg

Mar 16,
1st ODI at Buffalo Park, East London
16:30 IST / 11:00 GMT

Mar 18,
2nd ODI at Buffalo Park, East London

Mar 21,
3rd ODI at Senwes Park, Potchefstroom

Mar 25,
1st T20I at SuperSport Park, Centurion
17:30 IST / 12:00 GMT

Mar 26,
2nd T20I at SuperSport Park, Centurion

Mar 28,
3rd T20I at The Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg
21:30 IST / 16:00 GMT

Last edited:

G. S. Kohli

A. Jordan (un-capped)

Jordan has been very impressive from last year, he has continued to bowl well,Jordan has bagged 24 wickets at an impressive average of 17.62 in first-class cricket. In the current first-class season, he took a five-for versus Guyana and subsequently bagged 7 for 113 vs jamaica

Bonner & Warrican rightfully Left out by WICB

Alice Athanaze (un -capped)

Athanaze, who first came into prominence in the Under-19 World Cup played in New Zealand in 2017-18 by averaging 104.50, has 1154 runs at an average of 31.18 in first-class cricket. He has also been in fine form in the ongoing four-day West Indies Championship, having scored 41 and 51 against Trinidad and Tobago, alongside his career-best 141 versus Guyana.

Last edited:

G. S. Kohli

West Indies announce Powell and Hope as T20I and ODI captains (6 matches series vs proteas in SA)

Nicholas Pooran Resign as westindies captain of white ball cricket.

G. S. Kohli

2 test+3 ODI+ 3 T20I

South Africa vs West Indies Test series (WTC)

Feb 28-Mar 04,2023
1st Test at SuperSport Park, Centurion

Mar 08,
2nd Test at The Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg

Mar 16,
1st ODI at Buffalo Park, East London

Mar 18,
2nd ODI at Buffalo Park, East London

Mar 21,
3rd ODI at Senwes Park, Potchefstroom

Mar 25,
1st T20I at SuperSport Park, Centurion

Mar 26,
2nd T20I at SuperSport Park, Centurion

Mar 28,
3rd T20I at The Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg
21:30 IST / 16:00 GMT

South Africa Test team announced
Bavuma will be new captain of SA in test & ODI

Test Squad: Temba Bavuma (captain), Gerald Coetzee, Tony de Zorzi, Dean Elgar, Simon Harmer, Marco Jansen, Heinrich Klaasen, Keshav Maharaj, Aiden Markram, Wiaan Mulder, Senuran Muthusamy, Anrich Nortje, Keegan Petersen, Kagiso Rabada, Ryan Rickelton

G. S. Kohli

South Africa have handed a maiden Test call-up to top-order batter Tony de Zorzi, who scored 489 runs at an average of 122.25 in the domestic four-day competition. Senuran Muthusamy returns to the squad having last featured in 2019 while Keegan Petersen also makes a return having recovered from a hamstring injury.

ElGar available in the team

SA will announces new captain of T20I when they announces ODI & T20I team vs Westindies

Beamer

Not looking forward to that bowling attack. It may well be carnage again. It's ok, Raymon Reifer to the rescue at number 3......