• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa vs Pakistan Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Rik
Because England are playing the best side in the world and India can't even beat the West Indies, or out bowl them...and I feel it will be the same in the ODIs in NZ.
Best side??? I wasn't talking about Aus, i was talking about the series b/w India and England in which English bowlers were taken to the cleaners.

The series b/w India and Wi was played on the worst possible pitches(as far as bowling is concerned) which you had painted as best pitches.

And as for your feelings, we aren't interested in it.Wait till the outcome of the oneday series b/w NZ and India and then we can discuss that.I think we had enough of the bizzare theories!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by vandemataram
Best side??? I wasn't talking about Aus, i was talking about the series b/w India and England in which English bowlers were taken to the cleaners.

The series b/w India and Wi was played on the worst possible pitches(as far as bowling is concerned) which you had painted as best pitches.

And as for your feelings, we aren't interested in it.Wait till the outcome of the oneday series b/w NZ and India and then we can discuss that.I think we had enough of the bizzare theories!
I also remember the Indian bowlers getting taken to the cleaners too...I really cannot understand why you are claiming India have outbowled England when they have the amazing Nehra and :lol:Agarkar:lol: along with the good but not great Khan...

Worst possible pitches? Nearly every score was over 300, that means they were good pitches for batting and didn't give the bowlers too much help.

Bizzar Theories? What? India have just folded in the 1st Test, there is every chance they will do the same in the ODIs.

Originally posted by Rik
I also remember the Indian bowlers getting taken to the cleaners too...I really cannot understand why you are claiming India have outbowled England when they have the amazing Nehra and :lol:Agarkar:lol: along with the good but not great Khan...
Never claimed that Indian bowlers did well BUT they conceded less runs than the English bowlers in that series, something that you can't deny!

Worst possible pitches? Nearly every score was over 300, that means they were good pitches for batting and didn't give the bowlers too much help.
Whats wrong with you? we are talking about BOWLERS and those pitches were hell for bowlers, they were tailor made for the batters to score total in excess of 300, something which was usually the case.

Bizzar Theories? What? India have just folded in the 1st Test, there is every chance they will do the same in the ODIs.
Again, don't judge a oneday team from the performance of a test team.Oneday is a totally different format of the game. Indian batsmen will be a lot more comfortable in Ondayers.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Never claimed that Indian bowlers did well BUT they conceded less runs than the English bowlers in that series, something that you can't deny!

Actually I think I can.

And Tests might be different to ODIs but the pitches and the conditions don't change much unless you change the country...

[Edited on 17/12/2002 by Rik]

Well if England bowlers did better than Indian bowlers than i wonder as to why lost the series?

The pitches remain the same in onedayers, the playing conditions certainly changes.You won't see so many fielders in slips after 15 overs or so in oneday game.

Also, there are different team for OD. For example Kaif,Yuvraj,Kumble,Mongia will be a part of OD team whch aren't playing test matches atall!

Bangar is not going to open for India in ODI!! Laxman too won't be a certainty in ODI team!! Ganguly, an average test batter, is suppose to be one of the best ever (among top ten) batsman in ODI according to Wisden!
And Sehwag won't have problems negotiating with BOUNCERS in ODI
;).

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year

Well if England bowlers did better than Indian bowlers than i wonder as to why lost the series?
Because the Indian's batted better in the Final, they bowled even worse than England

The pitches remain the same in onedayers, the playing conditions certainly changes.You won't see so many fielders in slips after 15 overs or so in oneday game.
No the Indians have been having problems with the conditions as in the weather, they cannot seem to cope with the green pitches or the moisture in the air which causes Swing. These conditions will still be there in the One Dayers so I think they will struggle in them too.[/quote]

Originally posted by Rik
[Because the Indian's batted better in the Final, they bowled even worse than England
Oh how very convenient! The fact that Indian batters were in real trouble at one stage with Sachin gone back into the pavillion and were helped by poor English bowling have been overlooked by you.Frankly it was only against England that our batters would have chased such a big score AFTER such a poor start!
No the Indians have been having problems with the conditions as in the weather, they cannot seem to cope with the green pitches or the moisture in the air which causes Swing. These conditions will still be there in the One Dayers so I think they will struggle in them too.
[/quote]

Lets just wait and see instead of comming up with predictions.Oneday is a different format, many factors will change with the OD game, and i believe Indianbatsmen will do better and will prove you wrong!

Originally posted by Rik
You belive they will Win and I belive they will loose...lets see who Wins :lol:
Thats funny, you don't even know what have we been discussing till now:lol::lol::lol:.I NEVER said that India will win the onedayers, all i said was that Indian batsmen will do better in onedayers as compared to the test match.Good batting alone doesn't necessarily wins matches for a team.

I do think that it will be a close series, the result might be like 4-3 to ?? team, just a wild guess!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I do think that it will be a close series, the result might be like 4-3 to ?? team, just a wild guess!
Oh like last time :lol:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Thats funny, you don't even know what have we been discussing till now:lol::lol::lol:
It's even funnier to me, as it just shows how hard you are to understand :lol::lol::lol:

Originally posted by Rik
If that was funny then what have you to say about the GREAT winning record of English team in Australia???

Yeah, i know Aus are great but England even lost matches to Aus A and PM11

So far its 1 win out of 13-14 matches:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:frog::frog::frog::frog::frog::frog:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Originally posted by Rik
Thats funny, you don't even know what have we been discussing till now:lol::lol::lol:
It's even funnier to me, as it just shows how hard you are to understand :lol::lol::lol:
Ah, i'm sorry to learn that you are suffering from Alexia.A condition resulting from cerebral lesion in which one can't understand what has he written or have spoken.Its not just me, you can't even get what you have been talking about.SAD:(

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Rik
If that was funny then what have you to say about the GREAT winning record of English team in Australia???

Yeah, i know Aus are great but England even lost matches to Aus A and PM11

So far its 1 win out of 13-14 matches:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:frog::frog::frog::frog::frog::frog:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Yup, they are on course to beat India's equally impressive record when tour Australia...:lol::lol::lol:

Originally posted by Rik
Yup, they are on course to beat India's equally impressive record when tour Australia...:lol::lol::lol:

They are still on Course?? England have already lost 12-13 matches, by the End of the tour it will be close to 17-19. That might be an all time GREAT record:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by vandemataram They are still on Course?? England have already lost 12-13 matches, by the End of the tour it will be close to 17-19. That might be an all time GREAT record:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
If they win just one more game this tour then they will have equalled India's feat, although they can win more than just one more.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year

But they will also end up with more defeats !!!;)
It doesn't matter. Wins are more important. They Win you things :P:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.