• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Pratyush said:
Great cricket going on with superb atmosphere. Mumbai crowds shouting hoo haa hoo haa!
The famous "Countdown" was heard. That was what I found most memorable when I watched a match there way back in 1996– the only time I have seen an international match live.

adharcric

International Coach
well i heard the noise they were talking about too. but it seemed to me like the noise came a split-second after the "supposed snick". really don't think there was a snick. strange really.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Arjun said:
The famous "Countdown" was heard. That was what I found most memorable when I watched a match there way back in 1996– the only time I have seen an international match live.
Shocked you havent watched more live matches seeing that you are such a big fan..

adharcric

International Coach
So far, this has been the most evenly-contested match of the series. By that I mean that both sides are playing high-quality cricket (barring the sluggish batting by sa in the middle), and it's an exciting contest. Proteas bowling very well here, but the big three (sehwag, sachin, dravid) finally showing their class with some beautiful strokes.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Pratyush said:
Shocked you havent watched more live matches seeing that you are such a big fan..
Mumbai tickets are very expensive. Not to mention, these days, the crowds are rather ill-behaved– David Shepherd noticed it during the Test against WI in 2002 and spoke to the press about it.

I have seen a few Ranji matches, but the way they're run, it seems the MCA doesn't want to have fans for these matches.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Arjun said:
I have seen a few Ranji matches, but the way they're run, it seems the MCA doesn't want to have fans for these matches.
Domestic matches are very good to watch but yes the associations or the board doesnt care about them because they do not realise the potential money churning which can happen if domestic cricket is marketed well.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Langeveldt has beeb bowling very well. Quite a good bowler and South Africa does have a very good one day attack. :cool:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Brilliant catch. Tendulkar gone. But really he had been hitting the ball to the fielders a lot..

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sounds like a brilliant catch to remove Sachin by Prince. Game is very interesting now.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Haysman now saying thats two bonus runs for India for that fielding effort and wonders how crucial that will be. If there is a doubt he says that it should not be given a boundary. He becomes cheeky when Sivaramakrishnan says he thought it was a 4. He says 'surely you will say that!.' 8-)

Now it looked as if it touched the leg of the fielder and not a problem as far as I am concerned to give it a 4 as far as it cannot show convincingly that he clearly saved a 4.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Ah Botha misses the catch straight back at him. A frustrated attempt by Dravid to loosen the shackles by hitting a boundary.

Really Botha ia a good off spinner and can do South Africa well in tests in the future.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yuvraj continuing his good form here, and Dravid is making use of his second chance after he was dropped by Botha. 50 partnership between the two. 89 to win, 7 wickets in hand.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Edges of Dhoni going for fours, Dravid looking quite solid - very intellegent batting from Dravid all the way except that one shot.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Poor captaincy from Smith like is the case so many times.. no slip and Dravid edged a ball to four.

Also more attacking bowlers could have bowled a bit earlier..

Now its easy for India.

A better captain may have made it a closer match..

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
YES! India deny South Africa a ODI series win in India! :D

Series drawn 2-2. Well played Dravid and Yuvraj, but especially well bowled by Pathan. Great performance. This match was the closest thing to a final that India has won since the Nat West Series final against England in 2002. A series loss was on the line and India prevented that from happening.

A real shame though that every match was won by the team bowling first. Something has to be done about day/night games played during this time of year.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Jono said:
A real shame though that every match was won by the team bowling first. Something has to be done about day/night games played during this time of year.
Yeah add that to the advantage of winning the toss for teams with the super sub rule (very poor rule as it gives advantage to the team winning the toss on ocassions) and there is a serious problem.