• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in India, Sep/Oct 2019

Ulzan69

Banned
Phillander
Rabada
Mutuswa....
Piedt
Maharaj

India @ bowler short but Vihari can bowl same as Markram

Shami
ishant
Ash
Jadoo

Burner

International Regular
Looking forward to see how Maharaj goes. Actually really hyped now that the series is really here.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Muthusamy listed after Philander seems pretty weird to me. He bats 5 or 6 for his domestic team, batted 5 for South Africa a couple of weeks back against India A, has seven FC tons and was definitely more a batsman who bowled until rather recently. In fact I suspect the Dolphins probably still see him as that even though he's not coming off a great season with the bat.

Beyond all that I'd have thought the selectors might go for someone else if they thought so lowly of his batting that he was behind Philander.

Maybe I'm just reading too much into how they've been listed though.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Talk the pitch is dry so they gone with 3 spinners but with rain aand humidity there and a possibility through every minute of the test it isn't necassary.

Worst case scenario now is Philander & Muthusamy lake any threat and Piedt doesn't stand up.
I feel like this is one of the worst SA selections I've seen. It lacks any sense for me at all. Hopefully prove me wrong. And I`m pretty pissed we don't get to watch Hamza bat.

Ulzan69

Banned
He is from Durban @ Left arm spinner

Senuru Muthusamy I guess
I think Rohit should know where is his off stump is ? He opens 3 times in his 90 FC game and never open in test untill today.i really hate him as opener in India

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Series predictions:

Most wickets: Jadeja
Most runs: Rohit/Markram
Biggest surprise: Rohit
Biggest disappointment: Kohli
Result India 1-0

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Series predictions:

Most runs: Kohli
Biggest surprise: Maharaj
Biggest disappointment: Faf Du Plessis
Result India 2-0

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I hope Rohit proves all the haters wrong. The man oozes abilities and the IQ required for test opening is several echelons below his MENSA-level capacity for thought.

All it proves if he fails is that test opening is for idiots.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Series predictions:

Most wickets: Maharaj
Most runs: QDK
Biggest surprise: Bavuma
Biggest disappointment: Ashwin
Result Draw 1-1

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Most wickets: Ashwin
Most runs: Pujara
Biggest surprise: de Bruyn
Biggest disappointment: Rahane
Result 2 - 0 India

Ulzan69

Banned
Once Prithvi shaw's suspension over
Rohit has to makes way for Shaw.

what a delivery by Philly!
3 score of 50 in 4 test Karnatakas M Agarwal will
Our opener for next decade

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Most runs: Pujara
Biggest surprise: Nortje if he actually plays. If not de Bruyn
Biggest dissapointment: Maharaj, Kohli
Result: 1-0 to India

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
On the Rohit thing, I'm not backing him to have a long and illustrious career as an opening batsman, but in terms of actually winning this series in these conditions with Shaw out I'm fine with it tbh.