• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't care if he picks up fifer and scores 80(60) balls in this test match, Binny is a worse bowler and a worse batsman than Bhuvi. But because Binny's Cricinfo profile reads "all-rounder", he gets in. Farce.

Last edited:

Daemon

I mean, why not just pick Bhuvi? A far better bowler and arguably just very marginally inferior batsman?

Of course he's now going to go on and do well but **** me I really hate this.

Daemon

Ishant's genuinely looking good here, which is nice because I thought he'd be undercooked thanks to the ban and injury.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
This is a Ponting 2001 tour from Faf right now.
Exactly what I was thinking. I didn't think Faf had it in him, but then again who would have thought Punter would struggle so much then too.

Is it time to discuss Ashwin amongst the best Indian spinners ever? I think he belongs in the conversation..

Daemon

Amla seems to have adopted the very small half step forward and wait for the ball tactic. Good idea imo, if he's not confident of going fully forward to smother the turn. Not going to get too many runs though unless Ashwin drops short.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Amla seems to have adopted the very small half step forward and wait for the ball tactic. Good idea imo, if he's not confident of going fully forward to smother the turn. Not going to get too many runs though unless Ashwin drops short.
Amla has never been get to the pitch of the ball sort of batsmen against spinners. He has always played the spin late, turning of the pitch. Its why it was so uncharacteristic seeing him run at the spinners in the last match.

Ashwin is bowling really well, but man van Zyl and Faf`s wickets where all brought about in there own minds...Its almost like they have got a plan in mind how they want to play Ashwin but don't actually watch the ball first... bloody irritating.