• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** South Africa in Bangladesh

luvaus

Cricket Spectator
SA did a decent job, As well as the Bangla bowlers. But, in test matches, the bowling side will be a bit more stronger with Rafique and Mashrafe.

cricman

International 12th Man
Boucher scored an beaten Ton and it propeled SA to 397, BCB XI in were 127/2 at Tea ... But Scored Juniad Siddique has scored a Ton for BCB XI just don't know what there score is atm

232/5: Siddique 103, Aftab 45

Last edited:

luvaus

Cricket Spectator
Actually it will be 263/5 at the end of the day. I guess I was wrong previously, it will be atleast a decent contest in the upcoming test!!

cricman

International 12th Man
BCB XI 342/5 Over - 78 (Shakib 73*,Raqibul 27*, Zunaed 103 off 168b, 15x4, Aftab 45 off 63b, 9x4, Nafees 31, Nazim 22 ; Ntini & Morkel 2wkts each
3-day (17-19 Feb. 08) warm-up match at NOS, Fatullah; Toss - Graeme Smith (SA) Day 3

Hopefully this will carry over to the real matches

bdcricmad

Cricket Spectator
South Africa Vs BCB XI
South Africa 397/10 & 47/0 Over - 9 ( Smith 32 off 31b, 6x4, Prince 9 off 24b, 1x4)
BCB XI 412/9 (dec) Over - 102.3 (Nafees 31off 37b,4x4, Zunaed 103 off 168b,15x4, Aftab 45 off 63b, 9x4, Raqibul 44 off 91b, 8x4, Shakib 73 off 68b, 14x4, Mushfiq 26 off 72, 3x4, Enamul 10*off 16b, 2x4; Ntini 2/85, Morkel 2/70, J Botha 3/76
Match drawn 3-day (17-19 Feb. 08) warm-up match at NOS, Fatullah; Toss - Graeme Smith (SA)

luvaus

Cricket Spectator
SA's pace bowlers will be tested, I guess the pitch for the test matches will be slow, low bouncy n solid spinning track. It will be tough for the fast bowlers.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Can’t believe I have four dedicated Bangladeshi TV channels and not one of them is showing the series. Instead the usual programming of an Imam talking incessantly for hours will continue.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
SA's pace bowlers will be tested, I guess the pitch for the test matches will be slow, low bouncy n solid spinning track. It will be tough for the fast bowlers.
Yeah I think the South African seam bowlers need to step up their game somewhat. They showed in Pakistan that they can bowl on flat wickets but that was also helped by the presence of Harris.

From reading the match reports it would seem they were only bowling two lengths, full or short and on these wickets bowling short is completely unacceptable, regardless of how quick you are. The pace bowlers best opportunity could be with the older ball, apparently the Bangladeshi seamers got it to reverse and the likes of Kallis and Steyn are good exponents of that. Also the wet weather in Dhaka could spice up the track which they will wouldn't mind at all.

Last edited:

cricman

International 12th Man
Can’t believe I have four dedicated Bangladeshi TV channels and not one of them is showing the series. Instead the usual programming of an Imam talking incessantly for hours will continue.
none of the private channels in BD has the rights to show the Series ... Id figure sky sports is going to show the series and supersport in SA right? and theres always willow tv and sopcast for people like me :happy:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
none of the private channels in BD has the rights to show the Series ... Id figure sky sports is going to show the series and supersport in SA right? and theres always willow tv and sopcast for people like me :happy:
Sky does not have the coverage, as I said the Bangladeshi channels in the UK use to show their national side until the words and wisdom of the Imam proved to be a bigger and cheaper draw. SuperSport has the coverage in Africa but I don't live in Africa.

Although, I’m fine with locating coverage of the game, it is just that I do not enjoy staring at a six inch box on my computer screen at 4 in the morning. I have about ten links currently on my favourites, so by the law of averages one should at least work.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Four takes on the Mirpur pitch...

Head groundsman, Shafiul Alam Belal : I can tell you, these will be far different than any other Bangladeshi pitches. They will be hard and fast. And yes, they will be bouncy.

Bangladeshi coach, Jamie Siddons: The wicket is slow and low in Mirpur and it will help our spinners. But what I think is that they have some good batsmen in the team who are capable of playing on any kind of surface.

Mohammad Ashraful: We know that South Africa are usually used to play on seeming and bouncy wicket, but here they'll find slow and turning wicket, which may create some problems for them.

Graeme Smith: This is the strangest colour pitch I've ever seen.

cricman

International 12th Man
Four takes on the Mirpur pitch...

Head groundsman, Shafiul Alam Belal : I can tell you, these will be far different than any other Bangladeshi pitches. They will be hard and fast. And yes, they will be bouncy.
[/I]
He should be fired on the spot tommorow if thats the case ...

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Top over from Mørkel. Someone needs to stick a fork in Bashar, his done.

Last edited: