• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in Bangladesh 2015

Marius

International Debutant
Glad Leie took his chance. Still not convinced about Phangiso.

But it is good to see so many spin options for once getting chances here, in the 'A' squad or not even in any SA squad this winter.
Yeah, I was impressed.

Leie is probably a better long-term option than Phangiso (I think Phangiso is also already into his 30s anyway).

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
leie is skiddy and got the zip. kinda weird bowling action

if duminy can turn the ball like that and drop in those good channels like he's been doing these games, he's becoming a legit 5th option for SA

Marius

International Debutant
Champ debut by Rabada so far. Took 15 sticks in a match last season for the Lions vs the Dolphins, including 9/33 in the first innings.

Bolo

State Captain
Did anyone watch this game?

What's your opinion on Rabada? It's difficult to get much of a picture from a few seconds of highlights. There are a couple of articles on cricinfo written prior to this and they almost make it sound like Steyn had better hurry up and step aside for the good of the team. I somehow doubt this performance will shut hyperbole down, but to what degree is it hyperbole? Not trying to detract from the achievement -or the one Marius mentions(!!!)-, just get a picture: to look at him are these great performances, or the makings of a great player?

The last time I saw this type of excitement over a bowler was Cummins, and I didn't think it was hype. Watching him bowl, I was pretty sure he was a 400 wicket low 20s bowler. Only 6 1st class games is a huge disappointment, although it's fair to blame this on body, not ability.

Ta.

SeamUp

International Coach
These haven't been the best of pitches but it has often been a grind in Bangladesh I guess.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Behardian consolidating a bit here. These runs are crucial. This will be a close match. Pitch looks about it has got something for every type of bowlers. Tinge of green on the surface. Good carry and bounce. Spinners got those odd balls turning.