• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Season XIII/XIV Charity Series

cpr

International Coach
Camping on the Heath with the AA First XV

GM Thomas
HT Davis
CP Raftery (+)
T Bochat
LA Camps jr (5)
AAA Collins (7)
CR Dwyer (1)
G Sriram (6)
AP Cloete (2)
P Young (3)
M Corrin (4)

Not sure if that's an adequately ****ed up batting order. I'm pretty sure that's about how it should be. I'm hoping Raftery isn't up to the challenge with the gloves. If he is, then I'm going to make him keep in a pair of gardening gloves.

No spin bowling accepted. Everyone has to steam in from the boundary ropes. I'll buy a pint for the bowler who achieves the highest speed and also the highest average speed.

Team Heath is ALL ABOUT THE SPEED!!!

>>>>>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOSHHHHHH>>>>>>>

Haha, i laughed when i saw i'm donning the gloves. Good choice, as i'm a spinner, and i wouldn't want to offend you by bowling that. Reckon i can get a few stumpings off the quicks though ;)

Bobisback

International Regular
Would like to have the gloves next game, and open the bat please. Would be going for the Gilly role. (CR Dwyer if you didnt know Heath.)

cpr

International Coach
Yeah, its a bit odd i'm batting at 3, as i'm meant to be a batter anyway, though as Mitchell will testify, its kinda hard to tell.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would like to have the gloves next game, and open the bat please. Would be going for the Gilly role. (CR Dwyer if you didnt know Heath.)
This will be considered based on how the current incumbents did. If either myself or Thomas scored over 10 runs, then relegation down the order will be a necessity. You can certainly keep next game, though in the finest traditions, you'll have to keep wearing leather driving gloves.

Yeah, its a bit odd i'm batting at 3, as i'm meant to be a batter anyway, though as Mitchell will testify, its kinda hard to tell.
Hmm... I did admit that I knew nothing of the batting prowess of my team. Still, I'm glad I didn't have to suffer any dibbly-dobbly-donkey-droppy-spinners. Yuck.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Charity Round 1

And That's Why You Don't Name XIs XI vs Kyle Wright Kissed My Goat XI
at CWBCC Stadium

At CWBCC Staium, the Charity Cricket season was off to an awkward crawl. In a low scoring affair, Kyle Wright Kissed My Goat XI comfortably beat And That's Why You Don't Name XIs XI by 6 wickets with almost 10 overs spare to the cause. For most of the match wicketkeepers dominated with the ball and bowlers stunned with the gloves, but Rob Dauth set things straight, entering at 114-4 in his team's innings and masterfully addressing a chase that had been tiresome to that point.

Glovemen Alex Crampton and Anthony Lezama shared the new ball and combined figures of 20-2-57-0 with their respective varieties of slow bowling, and the Gelman XI struggled out of the blocks until the top order crumbled to the offspin of Will Kerr. Kerr flighted the ball as much as any chucker in recent months and reaped the reward of a 5-wicket haul. The pick of the dismissals was Stephen Young, cutting at a wide ball and brilliantly held behind the stumps by fast bowler Kev Gough. Both Rai players delighted in the dismissal with a sharply choreographed celebration.

It then took a mighty innings from skipper Zac Gelman to lift his team to 201-6. He struck three meek sixes and 3 boundaries and scored at a run-a-ball for 78, raising $32 for charity in the process. With uncapped Storer he added 105 in the space of 118 balls and made possible a target that seemed to far distant at 96-6.

The response of Rai's boys was a bit more positive, despite losing two early wickets. Xavier Rose overcame a difficult start to his innings to score a brave 56 and lead from the front. At his side for 101 runs was Mahendra Nagamootoo, who frustrated the opposition with a gritty 39. But after the Guyanese spinner was caught by bowler Smith, Gelman XI began to fight back into the game. Ben Read slipped a quicker ball past Rose and Blake Donald completed a quick stumping to confirm 2 wickets for 2 runs. But Dauth joined a more than capable Luke Tyson and neither batsman looked unduly challenged by a required rate hovering around 4. Dauth hit 6 fours in his innings and, an over before the end of the game, brought up a half-century from 41 balls.

That's Why You Don't Name XIs XI 201-6 (50 overs)
ZE Gelman 78* (78), BA Storer 40* (62), KS Wright 32 (75)
WA Kerr 5-25 (10)

Kyle Wright Kissed My Goat XI 202-4 (41.1 overs)
XPA Rose 56 (73), RJ Dauth 50* (43), MV Nagamootoo 39 (75), L Tyson 33* (39)
DP Smith 2-37 (9)

Kyle Wright Kissed My Goat XI won by 6 wickets.
Man of the Match: RJ Dauth (Kyle Wright Kissed My Goat)

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

Jamee's Gays XI vs Arthritis XI
at PDV Dome

Damien Martyn and Lance Klusener tucked into the bowling in stunning fashion at the death, but Jamee's Gays overcame Arthritis XI by a close 4 runs at the Dome. Some clever batting and powerful strokeplay almost snatched the game from under their noses, but the Gays hung on, largely indebted to the bowling of Chris Butler and David Kearsley under immense pressure.

The Gays were inserted on a typically bouncy wicket, but neither Martyn nor Klusener could make significant inroads with the new ball. More spectacularly though, Ethan McNamara outscored Thamba Mamesh through the first 17 overs. McNamara checked out for 34, caught in the deep off Martyn, strolling off the field with a big smile on show. The opening stand of 77 set a solid platform for the Gays to launch, but the middle order played conservatively in support of Mamesh. And when the spin of Inzamam-ul-Haq entered the equation, the Gays were made to look downright silly. Inzamam took 3 wickets, including those of Nick Scott and Mamesh, both bowled attempting ludicrous shots. Mamesh was particularly outstanding, trying to shovel a low full toss over the wicketkeeper and instead lobbing the ball up and onto his stumps. He was out for 81, including 11 boundaries.

At the end of the innings some big hitting was needed, and Kingsley Clapham combined with Red teammate David Kearsley to excitedly oblige. Each player lost a ball in hitting a six apiece, and they made use of the final 52 balls to add 69 runs and boost the total to a competitive 247-5. Clapham finished unbeaten on 40, while Kearsley hit 36 from 28 balls.

Jamee Gray opened the bowling with his legspin and did so to excellent effect, proving difficult to dispatch alongside the upright seam of Gaurav Nayak. But the Arthritis XI moved along steadily and reached 82 in the 22nd over when the second wicket fell. Heath Streak tried to flick at Butler, but instead edged through to Clapham down the legside, and the medium-pacer took a good catch to his left. The wicket opened the door for the Gays, and though Benkenstein freed his arms with some intent, the medium-paced duo of Luff and Butler shared the next 4 wickets in the space of 7 runs. The last of the bunch was Inzamam, hitting a Luff full toss directly to Nayak at mid-off and out for a duck.

With 66 balls remaining the Arthritis XI still needed an even 100 for an unlikely win. But Benkenstein kept faith and pummeled a four and two sixes in the next 4 overs. Crucially Martyn was dropped by Nayak when he had 10, true to his Season XIII form. And when Benkenstein slogged over the top of a Kearsley slower ball and was bowled for 71, it was up to Martyn and Zulu to inspire the improbable. Immediately Klusener went to work, clubbing two sixes in the 4 balls he faced against Butler in the 47th over. Some 28 were still needed from 18, but good running in the 48th over reduced the target to 17 from 12. Butler returned to the bowling crease to delivery a fantastic over under pressure, bowling a noball, but making up for it with 3 dot balls and 5 runs total surrendered. From the final over the Arthritis boys searched for 12 runs, but Kearsley bowled excellently at Martyn to start and gave Klusener just 2 runs from the 2 balls he faced. Martyn lashed the penultimate delivery to the boundary, but with a six needed off the last ball, he could only find long-off with his slog.

Jamee's Gays XI 247-5 (50 overs)
T Mamesh 81 (100), KR Clapham 40* (44), DA Kearsley 36* (28), EAP McNamara 34 (59)
Inzamam-ul-Haq 3-58 (10)

Arthritis XI 243-9 (50 overs)
DM Benkenstein 71 (92), HH Streak 41 (57), DR Martyn 36* (36)
MD Luff 3-30 (10), CR Butler 3-68 (10)

Jamee's Gays XI won by 4 runs.
Man of the Match: DA Kearsley (Gays)

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

Camping on the Heath with the AA First XV XI vs Nick Hedfeld's Beard XI
at CW Oval

Nick Hedfeld's Beard XI rose to the occasion to overcome a strong bowling attack and beat Camping on the Heath with the AA First XI by 3 wickets at the Oval. For a while the game was very much in the balance, but some positive batting by Andrew Garven swung the game decisively the way of the Beard, then Daniel Towns and Ash Chaulk wrapped up the result with an unbroken 30-run stand for the 8th wicket.

Cricket Web Red captain Håkon Mørk tipped his Beard(ly) skipper to bowl first on the Oval pitch, and Mat Mitchell obliged. Mørk then took just one ball to get into action, trapping Greg Thomas lbw after his wild slog went horribly wrong. It was a promising start for the offspinner in a spell of 1-19 from 5 overs, but karma snapped back into action by innings end, as his last 3 overs went for a wicketless 32 runs. After the early loss captain Heath Davis recovered the innings with the more accomplished Chris Raftery, and the two put on 73 for the second wicket. But after Towns bowled the former for 29, heaving over the top of a knee-high full toss, Thad Bochat came and went, smartly stumped by Gareth Gooljar; the ball deflecting off the top edge, then Gooljar's chin and onto the stumps.

The middle order threatened to erode at the fall of Camps - a third wicket to Towns - but Raftery kept order with a calm 71. Ultimately he was out to his former captain, Garven, caught behind to end his 89-ball stay. The other key contributor in the middle order was Adam Collins, but when he had 29, he mistimed a Wilson slower ball to the deep. In the end then it was up to Pete Young and Martyn Corrin to shape some respectability in the innings. They put on 37 for the last wicket, but Young was a second wicket of Fitzsimmons' when he offered Gooljar a third dismissal behind the stumps. Camping on the Heath with the AA First XV XI were made to settle for 210.

But it was not long before they hit back with the ball. Neil Pickup promised the world and more with a classic cover drive against Chris Dwyer, but he was caught at long-on off his Black teammate Cloete when he had just 13. And then, much like Pickup before him, Kennett threatened to embarrass his rivals. But with a shot-filled 21 to his name, he was second out to Cloete. Mixing offbreaks and legbreaks, Cloete went on to take 3 for 26 in the innings and was the main threat for Davis XI.

The potent Blue pairing of Camps and Sriram came to the crease in the middle overs and shook up the Hedfeld batting. Camps removed fellow Blue Gooljar for 8, then had Mitchell caught at point for a surprisingly composed 39. Sriram then chipped in with the wicket of Reddlapalli (1) and suddenly the score was a difficult 99-5. But as with any good charity side, Nick Hedfeld's Beard XI kept the aces up the sleeve. Garven entered at number seven and eased into stride with a slogged six over midwicket and then a lofted four to cover, punishing Collins in a 2-over spell. He eased in with Wilson in partnership of 71, and even when both were out within 3 overs of each other, Towns and Chaulk comfortably guided the Beard home.

Camping on the Heath with the AA First XV 210 (45.2 overs)
CP Raftery 71 (89), AAA Collins 29 (56), HT Davis 29 (36)
DP Towns 3-17 (6), M Reddlapalli 2-20 (5), BC Fitzsimmons 2-37 (7.2)

Nick Hedfeld's Beard XI 214-7 (45.1 overs)
MW Wilson 43 (54), AJ Garven 40 (43), MT Mitchell 39 (58)
LA Camps 3-26 (9), AP Cloete 3-32 (10)

Nick Hedfeld's Beard XI won by 3 wickets.
Man of the Match: DP Towns (Beard)

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Time to shake things up a notch. Thomas retains his spot at the top of the order following his first ball duck - excellent stuff. Raftery drops down for failing to show the requisite lack of skill with the bat; as does yours truly.

Dwyer gets his preferred 'Gilchrist' slot thanks to a four-ball one. Cloete and Young aren't fooling anyone with their failures. They will continue to bowl - though Cloete's dangerously close to getting dropped thanks to failing to adhere to orders and bowling spin rather than pace.

GM Thomas
CR Dwyer (+)
G Sriram
HT Davis
T Bochat
LA Camps jr (5)
AAA Collins (2)
CP Raftery (1)
AP Cloete (7)
P Young (3)
M Corrin (4)

>>>>>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOSHHHHHH>>>>>>>