• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season X Discussion and Results

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
It's called Guyian French, not many people use it, but to put it in english terms

We snatch Victory from the jaws of defeat but snatch a loss from the open arms of Victory

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Caecilius est pater. Cerberus est canis. Caecilius est in Cerberus.

Year 7 Latin is flooding back to me.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
burkey_1988 said:
Caecilius est pater. Cerberus est canis. Caecilius est in Cerberus.
Year 7 Latin is flooding back to me.
We had to do the Caecilius books too...then they all casually die during the Pompeii thing except the son who casually turns up in England in the next book.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
You guys did Latin in school?!! What is this, the 15th century? Latin is only used in church and gardens these days.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Latin is still used in the church? :p I thought the only people who use Latin are those who want to look smart on the internet.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Even when I am dropped, the team still loses. :(

At least I can now concentrate on the ODs, where I seem to be doing better.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Ahh Latin, 5 years of it i did, at least i ended up with an A.

One of my Latin teachers actually wrote the Caecilius, Quintus etc. books.

TIF

U19 Debutant
Another disappionting loss for the Greens:@ but however was happy with my own performance though scoring 67 and hitting 3 6s:D

But its time Greens started to win matches.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Barney Rubble said:
"I announce to you with great joy. We have a Pope". :p

A* at Latin GCSE. :ph34r:

I have. It's amazing, seriously. Incredible place. :)
You missed Day 4 at Edgbaston for it, didn't you?

There's no place on earth that could make up for that. And could you translate the rest of the latin?