• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Scotland in Bangladesh

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Samuel_Vimes said:
Well, if Jerome Taylor takes eight for 21 against Pakistan tomorrow... ;)

What's really amusing is to look at ODI win-loss records, tho:

1) Oz: 29 matches, 20-8
2) NZ: 12 matches, 8-4
3) Ban: 27 matches, 17-10
4) RSA: 24 matches, 15-9
5) WI: 32 matches, 18-13
9) Ind 30 matches, 13-15
14) Eng 20 matches, 5-14

Slight difference in strength of opposition, maybe?
Yeah, to be fair the other sides all got their records boosted by having to play England at some point.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You can only bowl at the team your playing. He's a good bowler to be honest, and Bangladesh have a couple of younsters with very promising careers.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Saqibul Hasan is one I'd pick to go far as a Bangladeshi player. Bowled a very economical 10 over spell in this last match, and is more than useful with the bat as well. Granted, he hasn't had too many challenges outside of Zimbabwe, but there you go.

Perm

Definately. With Saqibul Hasan, Shahriar Nafees and Mehrab Hossain Jr the basis of the Bangladesh batting lineup for the next few years looks pretty sound, especially with guys like Aftab Ahmed and Mohammad Ashraful being young and quite experienced. Mushfiqur Rahim is a promising Wicket Keeper who will probably replace Khaled Mashud after the World Cup. Abdur Razzaq is the heir apparent to Mohammad Rafique and the pace bowling looks good with Shadhadat Hossain, Mashrafe Mortaza and Syed Rasel all good players.

Perm

First things first and that is getting the wicket. After that I'm sure they would've showed concern for the poor chap.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Bangladesh are 6/203 from 44 overs in the 2nd ODI. Ashraful and Mashrafe are together at the crease and Aftab Ahmed top scored with 52 off 46.

Source: Tigercricket.com

Perm

Thanks for that mate, I wonder why cricinfo didn't cover this game like they did with the 1st ODI. Bangladeshi batting has been pretty poor in this two games you'd have to say, Nafees unable to take control like he did against Zimbabwe and Kenya.

Perm

Bangladesh 278/6
Aftab Ahmed 52 (48), Mashrafe Mortaza 51* (28), Saqibul Hasan 44 (52), Mohammad Ashraful 38* (47)
Craig White 2/46 (10), Majid Haq 2/57 (9)

Bangladesh manage to get themselves to a respectable total thanks largely to some late order hitting from Mashrafe Mortaza who continues to push claims for all rounder status. Sqibul Hasan continued his impressive form while Aftab Ahmed again accelerated the start of the innings.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

Saw the score at 203/6 in the 44th over of the game on cricinfo. Came back 15 minutes later and was baffled.....Mortaza impresses me every damn time.....gotta love his game :).

P.S. I know what's wrong with Nafees, he wants more centuries, and well, as you all can see, he is playing the right amount of balls, and is settling in, but then he just gives it all away dreaming he can score BIG yet AGAIN.....needs some time I guess.

On the other hand, as promised, Aftab is showing his much improved form, and is taking things a little slow nowadays, which in all due respect is only good for him and the team :P!!!!!

Hands down to the young BD team though :), impressive stuff all the time :D!!!!!

Perm

I take it your a Bangladeshi supporter? You're a rare breed on CW if you are anyway, I don't blame Nafees for wanting to get a century every time he goes out to bat because it's probably something that Bangladesh could do with at the top of the order.

Perm

Mashrafe will have wrapped up the Man of the Match award already, with that amazing half century and now two quick wickets. Hopefully Bangladesh don't ease off and are able to bowl Scotland out very cheaply.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

This Scotland team reminds me of the old 95/96 Bangladesh team. Even the team BD had back in 98/99.....lacked the fire power. But through more international exposure and proper experiance and grooming they;ve come quite some way, and I'm pretty sure the Scottish could do the same.

I hope the FTP program changes somewhat and lets these other smaller teams play against the big guns a little more often.

P.S. Yeah for Mashrafe :P!!!!!

Perm

I'm sure the ICC will allow Namibia, Scotland, Bermuda, Kenya and the Netherlands to keep their full ODI status after the World Cup, they would be stupid not to really. This way these nations can slowly gain more exposure against test nations like Bangladesh. We seen how many peope their were for the Scotland vs England game, I'm sure if that happened on an annual basis it would be great for the game.

Perm

What do you think about the batting lineup that Bangladesh are using? Nafees and Mehrab Hossain Jr are doing good jobs as openers but what would your middle order be?