• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

andmark

International Captain
Does anyone else hate Simon Miller. He's overly positive about everything. He probably watched the finger poke of doom and said to his mum "well, it was the biggest letdown in history, and may put WCW out of business, but it got lots of views, so it's an up from me." And it feels like a fake optimism as well. He (like all of the current WhatCulture presenters) is unwatchable.

Niall

International Coach
People wondering online whether the Mc Mahon family will be feeling a little queasy about going to Saudi Arabia and essentially making an advertisement for the nation are clearly unfamiliar with Vince and how scummy the industry has been for so long:laugh:

Just curious if they try and get heat by mocking Iran like they did last year:laugh:

andmark

International Captain
People wondering online whether the Mc Mahon family will be feeling a little queasy about going to Saudi Arabia and essentially making an advertisement for the nation are clearly unfamiliar with Vince and how scummy the industry has been for so long:laugh:

Just curious if they try and get heat by mocking Iran like they did last year:laugh:
I was stunned with the Iran stuff. Only WWE could do a wrestling storyline around the Sunni-Shia divide. It's that bad that it's actually hilarious.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I was stunned with the Iran stuff. Only WWE could do a wrestling storyline around the Sunni-Shia divide. It's that bad that it's actually hilarious.
TBF 90% of wrestling promotions would do this given the chance. There aren't all that many super classy wrestling promotions, particularly in the US.

andmark

International Captain
TBF 90% of wrestling promotions would do this given the chance. There aren't all that many super classy wrestling promotions, particularly in the US.
Yeah, that's true although I'd expect the WWE to do it more than some indie promotion because of their form with these things. The Muhammad Hassan stuff was volatile as well. And then there's Zack Gowan, Lita/Kane, the list goes on. It's impressive in its degenerate way haha.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Though Eugene in WWE did end up giving us one of the all time great promos when Regal stood up for Eugene against HHH.

Regal one of the best actors we've ever seen in wrestling.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Does anyone else hate Simon Miller. He's overly positive about everything. He probably watched the finger poke of doom and said to his mum "well, it was the biggest letdown in history, and may put WCW out of business, but it got lots of views, so it's an up from me." And it feels like a fake optimism as well. He (like all of the current WhatCulture presenters) is unwatchable.
Whatculture are always dire.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Speaking of shows about wrestling, what do you guys watch/listen to?

I catch most E and C podcasts, Botchamania, Being the Elite, some of the Cultaholic stuff (mostly just their reviews of PPVs and the odd podcast with Maffew from Botchamania).

Stone Cold/Jericho/Prichard podcasts have been listened to in the past year but I don't make a habit of any of them.

andmark

International Captain
I used to watch lots of WhatCulture and Cultaholic but mainly stick to Botchamania now. Botchamania never disappoints.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
OSW reviews are great as well. Takes a while to get used to the guys who present it, but once you do it's a brilliant watch. They often have the guy who does botchamania on as a guest too.

Niall

International Coach
Regal one of the best actors we've ever seen in wrestling.
Its a long time ago, but I remember Regal been really over as a heel before he failed a drugs test. Not impossible that he may have got a brief run as champ or at least headlined a PPV against Trips (I think) who was champ at the time. :@