• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Was Booker really over enough for a World Title reign at that point? I really can't remember much about the whole thing, but from what I do remember the whole feud was given about 4 weeks buildup, and Booker, who had been working on the midcard for the best part of two years was picked almost at random to have a match with HHH (I think he became number one contender via a 20 man battle royal or something) just to fill up the card. No wonder he lost imo.
He was most definitely over.
Fair dos. I don't really remember much from that period, as I stopped watching between WM18 and WM20. I honestly never really thought of Booker being "the man" at any point during his WWE stint though. Except maybe when the whole invasion thing kicked off.
Yes.

And that is despite there being a segment where Triple H basically racially denigrated him and Booker did not retaliate and sat there and took it.

Booking like that only works if the face eventually wins...
Probably cos he was buried.
Heh. Quite.
Well, maybe, but how much of that was down to HHH? There may have been behind the scenes shenanigans, but he scarcely ever worked with him in the ring.
Been listening to the Solomonster's youtube clips from his podcasts on a range of historical WWE issues and topics. Found this one which is the best summary of why Triple H buried Booker T like no one has ever been buried before. Playing the race card as a heel and then winning, its incredible what he got away with from 03-05.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah Solomonsters pretty good... Has a massive hatred of HHH because of his 03-05 run. Good point he made about the Rock too. He got beaten by Booker in a battle royal and made him look really good by actually applauding him. Didn't overdo it so it didn't come off as sarcastic, did just enough to make a point that Booker was title worthy. Think there was also an extra segment after smackdown went off the air where he put over Booker even more by wishing him luck and even ate a BookEnd to round off the night because Booker hadn't hit his finisher on the Rock in the battle royal. Wag.

The funny thing though is that the same HHH put over Batista. 3 ppvs in a row.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Tbf to HHH though, he has put people over a fair bit, especially in recent years. Notably, Bryan, the Shield, and Jeff Hardy (not that the latter worked out very well).

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Ah man yeah, that was awesome actually. Love Shelton. Guy is an incredible worker. Wish he had gone further.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tbf to HHH though, he has put people over a fair bit, especially in recent years. Notably, Bryan, the Shield, and Jeff Hardy (not that the latter worked out very well).

Did he put over Hardy? Can't remember if so. I do remember a hilarious ppv match where hardy hit a Swanton and went for the cover but hhh just rolled him up for the pin. :laugh:
Was ridiculous.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Did he put over Hardy? Can't remember if so. I do remember a hilarious ppv match where hardy hit a Swanton and went for the cover but hhh just rolled him up for the pin. :laugh:
Was ridiculous.
Yeah, iirc he lost clean to Hardy in a WWE title match at a PPV at some point.

I think anyway - might have to look that up.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Get ****ed. Shelton is gun. He had great matches with pretty much everyone he was put with. Just a shame he didn't really have much else going for him.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Benjamin was turd. Open the official gymnastics thread if you want to talk about that ****. Guy wouldn't be able to sell free beer

Teja.

Global Moderator
Just watched Wrestlemania '98 and the subsequent two raws over the last week. Austin v. Vince, HBK-Trips fall out, DX getting bigger and beating up on everybody and everything, Taker/Kane, Rock with the IC title and the nation of domination. ****ing incredible.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Never refer to Wrestlemania with the year after it, not even if you're talking about 2000 where it was actually called that.

Edit your post or I'll have to infract you.