• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
You say that as if they haven't basically been trying to do that with Bray like, forever.

I have no faith that they will even try and take this anywhere, and even less faith that if they do it will actually go anywhere decent.

Hardy will be fine regardless, he's good enough to get whatever to work. Bray is just the pits though. His promo before the match was just awful, like usual.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Sad state of affairs where we don't even moan about the treatment of Finn Balor these days
Haha was going to get on to that but decided I cbf. At least he didn't actually "lose" to Kane this time I guess, but ergh. Clearly VKM does not rate him, so that's that.

Niall

International Coach
Matt as broken is a welcome development.

I am less excited about him working with Bray, it could work, but ultimately Bray has been the worst thing on the roster all year, its not all his fault, but no matter who you want to blame, he is a channel changer.

I think the fact they have done nothing with Jeff pre injury is more odd, dude can still work and was an absolute merch machine back in the day. Its not as if they have many main event faces who can draw money as easily as Jeff did back in the day.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Jeff did flirt with IC title feuds pre-injury. I think he may have gotten a more legit one by now if he wasn't off TV.

Niall

International Coach
Maybe, but they were not really protecting him that much. Jeff is a dude that you could easily plug into main event scene and he'd only enhance it, loved by kids, merch mover and a pretty good worker when on.

Hopefully they do something a little more meaty with him when he comes back.

I loved his push before he went, great chemistry with the likes of Umanga, Edge and Punk.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Totally unreliable though.

I'm a fan. But there's nothing to suggest he handles being put at the top of the pile well. Quite the opposite in fact.

Niall

International Coach
Reminiscing about Jeff now, some great stuff with him and Jeff. The look of contempt from the ladies and kids in audience quality. :laugh:

Smackdown around then with thee likes of Edge etc was superb.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, Smackdown from around that time was really good.

Edge, Jeff, Punk, Jericho, Rey routinely knocked it out of the park. Ziggler was getting good around then as well, and Swagger looked decent still before he nose-dived. Taker still pretty handy at the time also.

Probably the second best period in Smackdown's history actually come to think of it.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Speaking of Umanga and Jeff, their match at Great American Bash 2007 is one of Umanga's best matches.Often forgotten about.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Umaga has to be one of the best forgotten stars of recent times. Goddamn he could move... it's odd how WWE barely recognize his career or death, though considering the circumstances it's not altogether surprising.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Umanga improved massively as well. Not just from his Rosey and Jamal days either, but actually since he debuted the Umanga character.

His feud with Lashley was no great shakes imo, but his match with Cena at the Royal Rumble is another often overlooked gem. Made Cena look like a total badass.

I think my favourite moment involving him though was when he was stood outside the cage just shouting like a madman only for Lashley to lose his **** and literally jump through the cage wall at him :laugh:

I guess it's pretty dangerous to the guy on the outside, but it's kind of surprising how they've never done that spot