• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 4 T20is

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Obviously every side has its mid players but Pakistan have a lot. England have 7-8 guys who can win a T20 game alone. Pakistan have maybe 3.
England's bowling is utterly mediocre. The batting is great for sure but 4-5 look iffy. Brook is still raw and Bairstow is not a #4. Pakistan need to pull the plug on Shadab but that's a pretty great bowling attack otherwise, I don't know what you're smoking if you think Shaheen-Amir-Rauf-Imad is mid.

number11

State Regular
England's bowling is utterly mediocre. The batting is great for sure but 4-5 look iffy. Brook is still raw and Bairstow is not a #4. Pakistan need to pull the plug on Shadab but that's a pretty great bowling attack otherwise, I don't know what you're smoking if you think Shaheen-Amir-Rauf-Imad is mid.
SSA is quality. Rauf is just quick - lacks control and bowlig IQ but with his raw pace I can see why he is picked as an X factor bowler, Amir is a trundler now. Imad does his job admirably.

number11

State Regular
It is the weaker half of England's game, yes.

trundler

SSA is quality. Rauf is just quick - lacks control and bowlig IQ but with his raw pace I can see why he is picked as an X factor bowler, Amir is a trundler now. Imad does his job admirably.
In the game that I'm watching Rauf outfoxed both Buttler and Bairstow and only went for 16 off 3 overs after his first which he should not have bowled in the power play.

number11

State Regular
In the game that I'm watching Rauf outfoxed both Buttler and Bairstow and only went for 16 off 3 overs after his first which he should not have bowled in the power play.
You dont get to ignore the terrible over. That's not how it works. He is quick, he is a genuine trier but he is limited in his bowling IQ.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, Pakistan's bowling, is actually really good, are's isn't awful though, if we can get one of Archer or Wood fit, Topley is alright and Rashid is class. Yeah a lot of bit's and pieces rubbish from the rest, but you can't forget last World Cup from Sam Curran. It's always a weakness for us, but it's not as bad as it is.

trundler

You dont get to ignore the terrible over. That's not how it works. He is quick, he is a genuine trier but he is limited in his bowling IQ.
He still went for just 34 and took 2 wickets. He's not a power play bowler at all. Bowling him in the first 6 is a tactical error. And did you miss the part where he deceived a well set and blazing Buttler on 84 with a clever change up, or what.

number11

State Regular
He still went for just 34 and took 2 wickets. He's not a power play bowler at all. Bowling him in the first 6 is a tactical error. And did you miss the part where he deceived a well set and blazing Buttler on 84 with a clever change up, or what.
I watched it. When you're quick, a change of pace is obviousy potentially effective.

trundler

Amir just needs to not go for runs in this attack and he does that well. Shaheen is gonna pick up a new ball wicket more often than not. Think we've restricted England to a chaseable total despite Shadab's efforts. He needs to get runs today or get dropped.

number11

State Regular
A Pakistan attack of:

SSA
Imad
Naseem Shah
x
Genuine leggie (not Shahdab)

May be up there. But an incisive 3rd seamer and a wicket taking spinner are crucial.