• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand v India T20s & ODIs

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Is Milne in the ODI squad? I can't remember from that selection graphic that showed both the T20 and ODI squads.

If Milne plays today, it would be his first ODI since October 2017.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting. They went

Allen
Conway
Williamson
Latham (wk)
Mitchell
Phillips
Santner at 7

+ all 4 seamers

No Neesham or M Bracewell.
NZ won the toss and will bowl.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Interesting. They went

Allen
Conway
Williamson
Latham (wk)
Mitchell
Phillips
Santner at 7

+ all 4 seamers

No Neesham or M Bracewell.
NZ won the toss and will bowl.
I saw this and thought "oh cool, NZ are straight up full strength other than Boult, could be a great game to watch" - then I checked the Indian lineup... :(

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
We don't have a 6th bowler today and we're playing Umran Pie Machine. For ****s sake does this team ever learn :wallbash:
It'll be interesting to see if they've tried to manufacture one in the nets out of one of these guys lately, ala Kedhar Jadhav back in the day. Gill is a chucker and I don't suspect the keepers will bowl, but SKY used to bowl a bit in his early Ranji days.

Socerer 01

International Captain
It'll be interesting to see if they've tried to manufacture one in the nets out of one of these guys lately, ala Kedhar Jadhav back in the day. Gill is a chucker and I don't suspect the keepers will bowl, but SKY used to bowl a bit in his early Ranji days.
Iyer has bowled previously for India and SKY did bowl a few times when he last played list a cricket for Mumbai but those are the guys who you turn to if one of the regulars injure themselves in the game and you need a couple of overs somewhere and not 6th or even 7th bowlers

Socerer 01

International Captain
I'll be interested to see if Mitchell and/or Phillips bowl today.
even if they don’t end up bowling Williamson has the option on the table should he need it or wishes to use them for a certain matchup. If one of our bowlers injures themselves or is hit badly then we are ****ed. It also limits when and where you can bowl the five main bowlers too

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Iyer has bowled previously for India and SKY did bowl a few times when he last played list a cricket for Mumbai but those are the guys who you turn to if one of the regulars injure themselves in the game and you need a couple of overs somewhere and not 6th or even 7th bowlers
Yeah Iyer bowls pies. Their existing bowling styles are not remotely good enough to be the 6th bowler, but that was true of Jadhav too until he developed that anti-cricket h4x. I'm speculating that they may have tried to do that again with someone like SKY in the nets, not just said "hey mate you're bowling a bit tomorrow"