• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand v Australia

Fiery

Banned
_Ed_ said:
:laugh: Nah I reckon the jinx will end tomorrow...haven't had a great last month or so, so I'm due a bit of luck! I have a good feeling about tomorrow's game. Would love a win but as long as we don't get thumped like in the 2nd game I won't be too disappointed even if we lose.
The law of averages with your attendance should work in our favour :)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
_Ed_ said:
But I will remind you once again that I have been to 13 ODIs, of those NZ have lost 12 including the last 11 in a row, and the only win I have seen was a 1 run victory over Zimbabwe in 1997. The last NZ v Aus match I saw involved NZ being all out for 122. Good stuff.
Have you considered going to the game with an Aussie ODI shirt and an Aussie flag to break the jinx in favour of NZ ? :laugh: :laugh:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
What happened to the rotation policy being scrapped? I can't see any justification for leaving McGrath out excluding injury (which I haven't heard anything about). I can't imagine that he asked for the rest after only two games, and it's not like this is a dead rubber...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
marc71178 said:
I think TEC only goes agaionst Lee's bowling in Tests though.
But he claims there's no way Lee should have a place in the ODI team ahead of Kasprowicz. As good as Kaspa is, I'd have McGrath, Gillespie and Lee in my team. He conveniently avoided this thread when Kaspa was absolutely belted in game 1.

cbuts

International Debutant
kaspo hasnt had to much success against us kiws in the coloured jersyes latley.

nz havent proven to be much comp for the aussies??? in the last 4 games 3 have been nail bitters

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Fiery said:
That's the best news I've heard all day. :) How ****y of the Aussies to think they can "rest" players against us. Hope we can make them rue that decision.
The last time they rested McGrath (Gillespie was also rested in the same game) NZ won. ;)

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jono said:
The last time they rested McGrath (Gillespie was also rested in the same game) NZ won. ;)
We did too! Thanks for reminding me. Confidence increasing all the time...

It seems NZ are going to wait until just before the game to announce the team. It seems pretty clear to me what the team will be apart from Papps and J.Marshall going for one spot and Adams and Wilson for another. Will be interesting to see who they choose.

Fiery

Banned
_Ed_ said:
We did too! Thanks for reminding me. Confidence increasing all the time...

It seems NZ are going to wait until just before the game to announce the team. It seems pretty clear to me what the team will be apart from Papps and J.Marshall going for one spot and Adams and Wilson for another. Will be interesting to see who they choose.
I think Wilson and Marshall will miss out

Scallywag

Banned
Fiery said:
No McGrath. I bet even you're a bit concerned about that Scallywag.
Not in the slightest Fiery, Lee will take a few, Gilly will score a few and Katich and Clarke will score well plus Kaspa is going to take out any batsman that thinks he is not worthy of a bit of respect. But in all honesty I would love a tight hard fought game.

Can I also mention that Martyn, Ponting, Gillespie, and Hogg can play a bt too.

And expect a big game from Symonds.

Ming

State 12th Man
Fiery said:
The decision to "rest" McGrath is offensive to NZ Cricket IMO.
Want to cry about it?

It's not offensive to NZ Cricket, they can allow to rest players because they have built up a 2-0 lead.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I heard on Radio Sport yesterday that odds are for Papps to replace Wilson and J Marshall to replace Tuffey and NZ to use Astle as the 5th bowler.

Seems a good move to me to go in with a batsmen heavy lineup.

Fiery

Banned
Scallywag said:
Not in the slightest Fiery, Lee will take a few, Gilly will score a few and Katich and Clarke will score well plus Kaspa is going to take out any batsman that thinks he is not worthy of a bit of respect. But in all honesty I would love a tight hard fought game.

Can I also mention that Martyn, Ponting, Gillespie, and Hogg can play a bt too.

And expect a big game from Symonds.
OK, you've nearly named the team which shows at least you know who's playing? That's good. What about Hayden though? Why didn't he not get a mention, poor bugger.

Scallywag

Banned
Fiery said:
OK, you've nearly named the team which shows at least you know who's playing? That's good. What about Hayden though? Why didn't he not get a mention, poor bugger.
The main reason I didnt mention Hayden is because he wont be playing so I cant really see him worrying the NZ team much.

Fiery

Banned
James said:
I heard on Radio Sport yesterday that odds are for Papps to replace Wilson and J Marshall to replace Tuffey and NZ to use Astle as the 5th bowler.

Seems a good move to me to go in with a batsmen heavy lineup.
I'd be happy with that line-up. The two main run-bleeders given a rest and Astle hardly ever gets taken to. Two Marshall's in the field is an added bonus.

Fiery

Banned
Ming said:
Want to cry about it?

It's not offensive to NZ Cricket, they can allow to rest players because they have built up a 2-0 lead.
8-) No, I'm not going to cry about it Ming.
Maybe offensive was too strong a word but it does show that they think it's in the bag.
You're supposed to be on my side anyway.

Fiery

Banned
Scallywag said:
The main reason I didnt mention Hayden is because he wont be playing so I cant really see him worrying the NZ team much.
Fair call. I hadn't heard that he was definitely out. You missed Hussey then