• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Zimbabwe & Zimbabwe/New Zealand/India ODI Tri-Series

Loony BoB

International Captain
Forget my big-hitter-only-lineup I suggested before. Bring on Marshall to rotate the strike.

EDIT: Oh well, guess they're going with my original idea.

Loony BoB

International Captain
I don't know who they'd put Vettori in for just yet, but I'd expect it to be a bowler who has bowled out - most of the batsmen, exception of maybe Styris, are absolutely superb fielders.

EDIT: Cairns hogging the strike. Boo! >=O Tha'ts not what the world wants to see - they want Vincent on 200!

Loony BoB

International Captain
:( Vincent out.

Lou Vincent c P Utseya b A Blignaut 172(120) - 3/334 in 39.2 ov

With this score, he makes the record for highest ODI innings by an NZer as well as most sixes in an ODI innings by an NZer. He also reaches 3rd equal on the international list for sixes and 11th equal for highest ODI innings.

He only just made it past the previous NZ best of 171* by Glenn Turner.

EDIT: He also reaches sixth equal in the all time list for most boundaries in an innings.

Last edited:

Steulen

International Regular
Loony BoB said:
I don't know who they'd put Vettori in for just yet, but I'd expect it to be a bowler who has bowled out - most of the batsmen, exception of maybe Styris, are absolutely superb fielders.

EDIT: Cairns hogging the strike. Boo! >=O Tha'ts not what the world wants to see - they want Vincent on 200!
Yeah, I wasn't being serious.

Still, I think NZ is taking this game a little bit too seriously. It has been long won already, the only thing of consequence now would be the Vincent 200.

EDIT: well, nevermind :)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Hooray! (Sorry, but I didn't want the first 200 to come in these circumstances.)

Hooray! :p

Loony BoB

International Captain
Adamc said:
Hooray! (Sorry, but I didn't want the first 200 to come in these circumstances.)
Personally, I'd rather it be against Zimbabwe than some team like Holland or the UAE.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Loony BoB said:
Personally, I'd rather it be against Zimbabwe than some team like Holland or the UAE.
It's fairly unlikely to be against any of the non Test-playing countries since they generally only play against the Test-playing countries in the ICCCT or the Word Cup, ie. once every two years.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Adamc said:
It's fairly unlikely to be against any of the non Test-playing countries since they generally only play against the Test-playing countries in the ICCCT or the Word Cup, ie. once every two years.
Either way, I'd say it's about a 99% chance it'll be against either Zimbabwe or another minnow that the first 200 is scored.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Turner can't complain about his record falling against Zimbabwe, he got his 171 against East Africa.

McCullum playing very aggressively now.