• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

thierry henry

International Coach
Oh come on, I'm one of the most pessimistic ****s going around but after the fourth day's play, I still thought there was a decent chance these two or someone coming later would frustrate NZ today. It's not easy to break partnerships on this wicket at all. I can't see how they were overwhelming favourites to win going into day 5. They were favourites obviously, but not overwhelming favourites.
Any other side would've been overwhelming favourites imo. If we'd required 200 to win (given they were the equivalent of 43/5 and 93/6) it would've been poor but not awful. What has transpired is awful.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Any other side would've been overwhelming favourites imo. If we'd required 200 to win (given they were the equivalent of 43/5 and 93/6) it would've been poor but not awful. What has transpired is awful.
Any other side with only 3 proper bowling options?

thierry henry

International Coach
I can't believe you're knocking our batting allrounder when Patel is bowling in this test.

Everything is Vettori's fault obviously. Even Blowjob Twatling.
Vettori is our #1 spinner and captain. We entered the 5th day of a test staring at a famous victory if we could dismiss the Indian tail. Instead we allowed the #8 batsman to do something he had never done before and something that had not occurred in test cricket for 75 years. If I'm blaming anyone, it's gotta be (a) the #1 spinner, (b) the captain.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Both sides have struggled to get set batsmen out, even tailenders. NZ are a bowler short, once Harbhajan survived the first 10 overs or so today, NZ were always going to struggle.

thierry henry

International Coach
Both sides have struggled to get set batsmen out, even tailenders. NZ are a bowler short, once Harbhajan survived the first 10 overs or so today, NZ were always going to struggle.
??

Harbhajan is the only tail-ender to make any runs so far isn't he? And he's NEVER made runs twice in the same test before today!

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I know I should be pleased that we competed so well over 4 days, but I'm heartbroken to be honest. Napier all over again, with run outs missed, catches not carrying, the ball beating the bat and the match slipping away.

On a more forward looking approach, Hopkins is going to be a real problem if he continues to keep like this against the spinners. 3 clear chances missed. For now we'll chalk it up to a bad match, but if it goes on, then he'll have to go. Does anyone know the standard of van Wyk's keeping?

masterblaster

International Captain
Felt genuinely bad for Laxman. He deserved a ton here and was robbed because of an absolute shocker of a decision. Not sure what the umpire was thinking there. But is Laxman the most important member of this test team or what? Seems to bail us out of a hopeless situation every single time. An absolute champion he is.

As for Harbhajan, he may be a bit of a douche but you can't deny that he's really passionate about playing for India and works hard at his game. Was happy that he got his ton and he finally showed what he is capable of with the bat. Now only if he could take some wickets too.

Flem274*

123/5
Vettori is our #1 spinner and captain. We entered the 5th day of a test staring at a famous victory if we could dismiss the Indian tail. Instead we allowed the #8 batsman to do something he had never done before and something that had not occurred in test cricket for 75 years. If I'm blaming anyone, it's gotta be (a) the #1 spinner, (b) the captain.
You know very well that Vettori being our number one spinner these days is like being the least worst STD. Vettori is a stock bowler who is good for 2-3 wickets in an innings most days. Daniel Vettori is an allrounder.

This is the same pitch where Hamish Bennett and Chris Martin put on a partnership of over ten runs. It is flatter than jailbait.

But I'm sure you don't really care and will continue your Vettori hate regardless.:p

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
??

Harbhajan is the only tail-ender to make any runs so far isn't he? And he's NEVER made runs twice in the same test before today!
Yeah, he's never made 20 twice in the same match before today. Highest second innings score on the back of a half century was 7.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
??

That has no relevance, there's a first time for everything. The truth is he's a (just) above average tailender who's been in terrible batting form recently and unfortunately for you, picked this particular match to turn it around. Against a weakened bowling attack containing Patel.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Not really a spinners pitch to be honest, with only Ohja having any luck. It was more bad luck that we didn't have a second (or even a third) quick to keep the pressure on. On a track that isn't turning, Harbhajan was always going to be pretty comfortable against a slight turner like Vettori and a battler like Patel.