• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Australia 2019/20

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But then again Pujara is cut from a different cloth.

Him against an endless barrage of 130kph short stuff from Wagner would be an interesting spectacle in it's own right. Wonder who'll give first.
Pujara's pretty bad on the pull but he's not stupid enough to play it very often. Wagner seemingly gets everyone to do stupid **** though.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Great knock by Blundell, and seeing him ton up when finally getting a chance has made the trip worth it, and given us supporters something to smile about.

I don’t know if he keeps opening, but I’m not surprised he’s done this tbh, given his scores for NZA and in warm up matches. #teamblundell

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Pujara's pretty bad on the pull but he's not stupid enough to play it very often. Wagner seemingly gets everyone to do stupid **** though.
Yeah Wagner baits people who usually don't pull or hook at all into doing so by bowling what they think is a slow long hop but is actually an excellent delivery.

I do wonder if this tactic becoming an international meme instead of just a NZ/CW meme might change some counter plans though.

Last edited:

Moss

Was picking Raval at the WACA a selection blundall?
You might actually go back to the world cup and make a similar case, Blundell had a hundred in the warmups against the Windies when a number of blokes were out of form.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Blundell wearing a Black Cap and slaying it is just so neat.

As well as Australia has bowled, he looks like he's played a different match. Just wonder how far some #intent might've gotten us instead of meekly attempting to 'compete' from the underdog status.

These two looking like they're having fun too - probably because they're the only two in the side to perform.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You might actually go back to the world cup and make a similar case, Blundell had a hundred in the warmups against the Windies when a number of blokes were out of form.
Blundell in Tests is one thing but Blundell in the World Cup on the back of his List A average of 22 would've been another. I'm sure he's better than that but he wasn't twice as good.

Last edited:

Moss

Hah, so close to carrying his bat! Well done Tom, rest of the side (well, the batsmen + Southee and Boult) need to take a good hard look at themselves

Flem274*

123/5
well thats that

crushing win. australia too good at home. very well done, the bowling in particular.

blundell has shown it can be done. this lot need to remind us they're test batsmen not a procession of plunket shield memers.

halba

International 12th Man
kiwis just an ordinary test side. and australians have improved at home with the inclusion of james pattinson and the finding of players like labuschagne, and the removal of the smith/warner bans.

Grasshopper

State Vice-Captain
Well played, Australia. Just far too strong for us over both tests, and tbh we've been lucky to come second.

Blundell was a breath of fresh air. He was quite assertive in his first innings as well, and will have taken a lot from this test.