• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand domestic season 2022/23

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
This surely has to go down as one of the best all round performances in NZ domestic finals history ever, no? A few wickets, catch, runout and a dominant century when other batsmen struggled to get in.

What's been lost a bit is a fine bowling performance from Davey as well. Been impressive.

jcas0167

International Debutant
This surely has to go down as one of the best all round performances in NZ domestic finals history ever, no? A few wickets, catch, runout and a dominant century when other batsmen struggled to get in.

What's been lost a bit is a fine bowling performance from Davey as well. Been impressive.
Closest might be Cairns in the 93/94 final also against CD at McLean Park. He was run out for 99 and took 4 wickets. Rescued the innings with Stephen Fleming who scored 58 batting number 7.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain

I remember Michael Mason had a great game in his final list A match, 3/52 bowling, and then 41 off 19 with the bat to hit ND to victory with a ball remaining.

BJ Watling 145* a decent final as well, but not really all-round. Williamson with a fiver too.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Wow that's an exceptional hundred, a shame I missed it live. Last I saw CD were about 60/4 and noone had been able to hit it off the square on a slightly difficult wicket. Clarkson must have batted on a different pitch.

Immenso

Dunedin club cricket prizes, I'd expect to see one or 2 of those names in the domestic contracts for next year. Or maybe Ebrahinm would prefer a known quantity from CD A like a Wiggens or Stoyanoff ....

Taieri all-rounder Beckham Wheeler-Greenall has been named Dunedin premier club player of the year.

The former New Zealand under-19 representative took 22 wickets at an average of 24.91 across the three formats with his offspin.

He also scored 494 runs at 26, including three half-centuries.

Team-mate Toby Hart claimed the bowling award. The pace bowler nabbed 40 wickets at an average of 11.95. He took 13 more wickets than the next best on the list.

The batter of the year title went to Green Island’s Brad Kneebone.

He had a cracking summer, accumulating 763 runs at an average of 47.69 and scoring eight half-centuries.

Immenso

For the remaining CD v Auckland PS game.

CD can still win the title with an outright win.

For Auckland, it is academic. At this point I'd normally be whinging if Auckland don't give an opportunity to a youngster. But ... honestly, do they even have any good ones?

Apart from Jock McKenzie who is playing pro rugby at the moment.

They have spinners dominating the youth tournaments, but can take that with a grain of salt, spinners always dominate those tournaments "coz the kids get tired and try to smash-em, and their too feeble to clear the boundaries". No Ashok or Sodhi buzz around (that I know of? from my distance .... ).

Young bowler Samreet Singh looks good (last year), but has he moved for Uni or is he still in Auckland? But Auckland prefer dobblers anyway ... , Jordan Sussex can't even get a bowl for them.

Plunket Shield 2022/23 Table
PWW1TT1LL1DD1ABatBPBowBPAdjPtsNetRpW
Canterbury
8​
4​
0​
0​
0​
1​
0​
3​
0​
0​
21​
32​
0​
101​
12.059​
Central Districts
7​
4​
0​
0​
0​
2​
0​
1​
0​
0​
15​
24​
0​
87​
6.1​
Northern Districts
8​
3​
0​
0​
0​
4​
0​
1​
0​
0​
18​
28​
0​
82​
-3.437​
Wellington
8​
2​
0​
0​
0​
4​
0​
2​
0​
0​
13​
27​
0​
64​
-8.615​
Auckland
7​
2​
0​
0​
0​
2​
0​
3​
0​
0​
17​
21​
0​
62​
2.196​
Otago
8​
1​
0​
0​
0​
3​
0​
4​
0​
0​
13​
28​
0​
53​
-6.734​

Last edited:

ataraxia

International Coach
Why, despite the NZ A game restarting at 9am, the Plunket game with a whole day lost starts at 10am (i.e., 11am)?