• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand domestic season 2022/23

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
68 in the first dig and 78 not out in the second. As good a debut you can see. The second inning was under fair bit of pressure. The pitch wasn't a road as well. Takes a lot of ticker.
Absolutely. Great to see the young'un go well. Never easy opening up in any circumstances, least on all on debut.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
First first class hundred for Foxcroft. Too good a player to have had a first class hundred after this long. It's been a long wait. Terrific knock today. If he keeps putting in performances he'll make the black caps. Still a young lad. Can definitely play all formats.

Last edited:

nzfan

Only his 13th 1st class match
Yeah extraordinarily low first class games for a solid player. I know he missed some due to covid. I thought he played few first class games in South Africa before he turned up here.

You'd wonder how a player of this quality missed out on playing at least first class cricket in South Africa

nzfan

The firebirds otago game turning out to be very interesting. Post tea Otago needs 164 off 35 overs with 4 wickets in hand. A very well settled Foxcroft and a gutsy Chu at the crease. I feel like they will get there. If they don't lose a wicket the first half hour or so the chase is on.

nzfan

Chu run out... that pretty it for the chase I think. That was not a good way to get out, they were looking so comfortable out there.

ataraxia

International Coach
Very on-brand from Foxcroft; terrific in pressure situations. Be remarkable if he pulls this off – but Muller can bat, averaging 26 for Otago in FC iirc.

nzfan

Very on-brand from Foxcroft; terrific in pressure situations. Be remarkable if he pulls this off – but Muller can bat, averaging 26 for Otago in FC iirc.
Nathan Smith just sconed Muller in the badge. Foxcroft is still there but firebirds are giving him singles. Just bowl on the stumps already let's have a close game. I think this is going to go to the wire.

nzfan

Far out that was a **** end to a great knock by Foxcroft. Run out.... that's pretty rubbish. I think he would have won the game here.

nzfan

3 run outs in the 4th innings is a bit poor tstl.
The other two were at least understandable but this one definitely not. The ball seemed to have barely gone anywhere and they took off. That could have been like the 4th of 5th ball too. There was no need for a run

Rippon's run out was a beauty, direct but from point. Chu was run out from a throw from outfield

Last edited:

nzfan

That petered out to a tame draw. Well played Muller and duffy. Wish there were no run outs it would have been a good game. There was enough in it for the spinners and should have had spinners bowl from both ends. If they did otago would have gone for it too I think.

lockton2skipper

U19 Debutant
How far off is Nathan Smith from the test side ? Been watching the recent game , he seems to bowl a heavy ball from chest on and bats very well . Ideal for a number 7

nzfan

How far off is Nathan Smith from the test side ? Been watching the recent game , he seems to bowl a heavy ball from chest on and bats very well . Ideal for a number 7
Don't think he's too far off but not too near either. He was picked for NZ A to travel to India but then got injured. He has played for NZ A in the last couple of years. Anyone that appears for NZ A would have a chance to make the BCs I'd think with some serious performances.