• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2008/09

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Not taking anything away from his hundred. (I saw a bit of it, and he looked good). But from talking to Matt Horne and Batesy, I was lead to believe that the pitch is nothing short of a typical Eden Park outer oval road.

Unless of course you meant something else by difficult conditions.

Great player nontheless.
I wasn't certain about the pitch, I meant more that he's played what might prove to be a match saving knock for his side. Shows great temperament under pressure.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I know a good leg spinner.

He's played for my team a few times this year. Has flight, guile and a fair bit of turn. Has a decent wrong'un too. Plus, as an added bonus, he can bat pretty well too.

In conclusion, I expect Searsy has been the star find of the summer for my team.
I knew you weren't talking about me once you got to "he can bat pretty well".

That said, my batting strikerate of 220 still ****ing rocks. :cool:

Flem274*

123/5
Not taking anything away from his hundred. (I saw a bit of it, and he looked good). But from talking to Matt Horne and Batesy, I was lead to believe that the pitch is nothing short of a typical Eden Park outer oval road.

Unless of course you meant something else by difficult conditions.

Great player nontheless.
EDIT: Don't worry. Cbf bullying Bahnz about Hay for once. :p

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Nevin getting Wellington out of a hole again. :cool:

Bowden also showing what a world class all round talent he is.

Natman20

International Debutant
Pity about Tuffey and the ICL thing. He'd be a straight replacement for Mills for me going on form at the moment.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
You're hungover at 4 pm? I'm not even hungover yet and it's 5 am!:laugh:
What sort of way is that to prepare your body? To help it to repair? To feed it to conquer the world?

Out on the pingers again are we... well only young once aye. :ph34r:

1:30am here in Londontown. Camden Town is a buzz with people excited at the prospect of warm weather and with that brings a gaiety only witness on these stoney shores.

Come summer, meet me at Regents Park m'lads. I'll be the one circled by young nymphs dancing to a new age of a Aquarius....

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Runout for a 199 gutted! Hope he didn't smash his bat on anything as he walked through the gates and up to the dressing room.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
So came across this artical from July last year which detailed player comings and goings for each province. It then spoke about a couple of players to watch for each province.

Some of the names, have me thinking "what? who the dilly?"

So maybe for ****s and giggles sake (seeing as I'm still up at 230am) we do like a little ranking system (***** = the manus * = good afterble constanoon). Mention the particular skill set they possess blah blah blah. Plus feel free to add any names you think should be there (no self promotion please - Voltman and Leslie [where is that winner anyway?])

So do you agree with the mighty list?

Auckland:

Andrew de Boorder
Hira
Greg Morgan
Colin Munro
Gareth Hayne

Canterbury:

Corey Anderson
Hamish Bennett
Leighton Burtt
Johann Myburgh

Central:

Sherlock, McCleneganananan (we all know of them right.)
George Worker
Michael Taiaroa
James de Terte
Kurt Richards

ND:

Simon Andrews
Trent Boult
Cameron Merchant
Bradley Scott
Kane Williamson
BJ Watling

Otago:

Leighton Morgan
Craig Smith
Neil Wagner
Derek de Boorder
Neil Broom

Wellington:

Harry Boam
Josh Brodie
Fraser Colson (unlucky to miss out - is there any bad blood here? Like BAD bloood, ya know?)