• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2008/09

99*

International Debutant
Will have to find out where that is, want to get back into Domestic cricket.

Gutted that Sky are only showing the 20/20, although I guess I should be happy with that at least.

Polo23

International Debutant
Colin Maiden Park is the one right next to the tennis centre right? On Merton Road?

Is that where all of Aucklands home games are being played this season?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah it is, Eden Park Outer Oval is part of the construction site from now until whenever it's ready for the 2011 World Cup apparently.

But our payoff for that is that apparently they're going to upgrade the Outer Oval afterwards and hopefully have Tests there. That'd be awesome.

Last edited:

Polo23

International Debutant
Yeah it is, Eden Park Outer Oval is part of the construction site from now until whenever it's ready for the 2011 World Cup apparently.

But our payoff for that is that apparently they're going to upgrade the Outer Oval afterwards and hopefully have Tests there. That'd be awesome.
A yes, of course.

The outer oval was fantastic as it was. Getting to sit on the boundary rope was fantastic. I hope they don't change that whole "picnic" atmosphere.

Drove past Colin Maiden Park today...almost had a head on trying to see the pitch. Doesnt look as though any temporary stands are going up or anything...Auckland games are going to be just like club cricket games, fantastic :)

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Drove past Colin Maiden Park today...almost had a head on trying to see the pitch. Doesnt look as though any temporary stands are going up or anything...Auckland games are going to be just like club cricket games, fantastic :)
You talk about wanting them to keep the picnic atmosphere at Eden Park, then go on to complain that they're not putting stands in at Colin Maiden?

And since when has an Auckland (non 20-20) game ever required a stand?

The main concern I have about Colin Maiden is the fact that its generally a green, seamers paradise, we might not be seeing many high scores this season!

Edit: I assume you were being sarcastic when you said "fantastic"?

Polo23

International Debutant
You talk about wanting them to keep the picnic atmosphere at Eden Park, then go on to complain that they're not putting stands in at Colin Maiden?

And since when has an Auckland (non 20-20) game ever required a stand?

The main concern I have about Colin Maiden is the fact that its generally a green, seamers paradise, we might not be seeing many high scores this season!

Edit: I assume you were being sarcastic when you said "fantastic"?
Uhh...I think you took what I said completely the wrong way.

I wasn't complaining that there are no stands going up, I was surprised. I just automatically thought some sort of temporary stands would be going up to cater for 20/20 crowds.

And no, of course I wasnt being sarcastic. It is great that no stands are going up, like the Outer Oval people will just be able to sit on the boundary rope and watch the game, and play backyard cricket next to the field. Far better atmosphere than a concrete jungle.

No idea why you thought I was complaining, or being sarcastic.

shawzy

Cricket Spectator
all aucklands games are at eden park this season. its next year that auckland play at colin maiden

brockley

International Captain
How long to cameron merchant qualifies for NZ he might have to be fast tracked into the nz side,any way of spedding up his residency.

GGG

State Captain
Really looking forward to this season, in particular seeing how Hay, Broom, Guptill, Boult and Kane Williamson go this season, predicting Guptill and Hay in particular to shine.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Really looking forward to this season, in particular seeing how Hay, Broom, Guptill, Boult and Kane Williamson go this season, predicting Guptill and Hay in particular to shine.
Guptill dislocated his knee a couple of days ago. Expected to be out for a minimum of six weeks. :(

_Ed_

:(
Was expecting him to really get some runs in the Championship this year.

thierry henry

International Coach
Roneel Hira to have a strong (or at least competent) season and become NZ's 2nd spinner ahead of "Mr Ineffective" Jeetan Patel.

Polo23

International Debutant
How long to cameron merchant qualifies for NZ he might have to be fast tracked into the nz side,any way of spedding up his residency.
I'm pretty sure Merchant already does qualify for NZ. His mother (I think) is a kiwi so he should have a kiwi passport.

_Ed_

Think he's still a fair way down the pecking order for NZ at this stage.

Could change with a bucket of runs for ND though.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Roneel Hira to have a strong (or at least competent) season and become NZ's 2nd spinner ahead of "Mr Ineffective" Jeetan Patel.

So you don't rate Patel and you don't rate Vettori. Look at the guy trying to be different and controversial.