• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Just been reading up on the Demarcus thing. There's basically no way that they can keep him past this year, as they actually don't get his bird rights and can only sign him to a contract next year something around 150% of what they paid him this year.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
12 months after talking about brinks trucks Isaiah Thomas accepts a 1 year 5 million contract with Orlando Magic. How times change

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I know it doesnt matter but Cousins being $151 for MVP ahead of Booker $251 seems weird as Boogie is unlikely to play a full season and just isnt going to be the best player on his team.

Booker should be Phoenix best and he has the potential to get up to around 28 ppg. Im not saying he is the real MVP.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I know it doesnt matter but Cousins being $151 for MVP ahead of Booker $251 seems weird as Boogie is unlikely to play a full season and just isnt going to be the best player on his team.

Booker should be Phoenix best and he has the potential to get up to around 28 ppg. Im not saying he is the real MVP.
Maybe they are trying to lure in gamblers who sorta know he's a talented baller but aren't informed about his present situation.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I know it might really upset the team chemistry with the DeRozan - Lowry friendship but man, they only gave up Poeltl and a protected pick for Leonard and Danny Green. With LeBron gone, if Kawhi actually plays like he means it there could be a Finals run in that team. The transformation that will bring to the defence is astounding.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Such a bad trade by the Spurs jeez. I thought the raptors might have to give up OG or Siakam or both but nope and on top of that they get Green too. Raptors win this by a mile.

The spurs have so many bad looking contracts now, it's ridiculous.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Such a bad trade by the Spurs jeez. I thought the raptors might have to give up OG or Siakam or both but nope and on top of that they get Green too. Raptors win this by a mile.

The spurs have so many bad looking contracts now, it's ridiculous.
if kawhi gets back to full strength, has a productive season, they may at best reach the east finals but i don't see them getting past a healthy celtics...also at this point, it is very doubtful if leonard stays with them past this coming season...given those factors, i don't know if it is such a big win for toronto...san antonio certainly got weaker in the short term but it's not like they were in a position to contend for a title anyway...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
It's definitely a win for Toronto. They got off that contract without giving up their best young talent, without giving up an unprotected first and they got a potential MVP back in the deal. If he leaves, so what? They would've had to give up the same (if not more) to get off it in a few years anyways. If Kawhi plays close to his potential they are so much better as a team.

Spurs obviously wanted to stay in the playoff hunt, and I'd say this is probably the best deal they were getting offered to do so. Demar is a good player on a bad deal, if he settles he'll be good for them.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
no argument with any of that, all i was saying is that i still don't see them winning the east (and i think they desperately want to do that)...if it was lebron in the past, i see them hitting a similar wall in the young celtics team next year...