• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #26- South Africa vs Pakistan- October 27th-Chennai (D/N)

number11

First Class Debutant
The group stage is functionally over.
Pakistan lost this with the bat.
Pakistan have glaring problems- no middle order, flimsy bowling.

IND, AUS, RSA, NZ.
Pick your horse.
I'll back the Aussies to win it all.

Andyhere

International 12th Man
The group stage is functionally over.
Pakistan lost this with the bat.
Pakistan have glaring problems- no middle order, flimsy bowling.

IND, AUS, RSA, NZ.
Pick your horse.
I'll back the Aussies to win it all.
Aus is up and down. Yea Maxwell scored runs but look at the opposition he scored against. if NZ down them tomorrow other team can sneak through

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
I think the Proteas side will kill me before my time , absolutely ridiculous performance..Atleast we bowled reasonably better against the tail today ..

Batting lacked common sense, more brawn than brains but maybe the lessons can be learned after being on the right side of these chases for a change.

Stefan9

International Debutant
The only good thing is we somehow found a way to win.
Too many extras by the bowlers and batsmen not taking responsibility.

loterry1994

International Debutant
Bavuma talked about their blueprint for chasing in the post match interview. Think their main issue is they go out chasing like it’s a massive total of like 350. When realistically they don’t have to tweak their approach much at all, they had a pretty good powerplay and just need to adjust their tempo to the total much better.

Realistically they were never really in trouble and were ahead most the game until Makram got out. All that fear and worry was caused mainly by themselves like Temba said

Molehill

International Captain
Tough on Pakistan, given some of the questionable lbw decisions that had been given, surprised the potential match winner wasn’t. It also finally killed off the group stage too.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
36 to go, 5 wickets in hand, and Jansen having hit a 4 & a 6 and next ball he plays it in the air to point...

21 to go 4 wickets in hand and Markram plays a reckless shot for the 25th time and throws his wicket away and almost the match.

Overall Pakistan did well but SA did everything they could to lose. It was mostly all self-inflicted. Should have won this game without all this drama.

Luckily for SA, umpire didn't give the LBW off the 7th delivery of Rauf's last over. It would have been over. For the record, the 7th ball was only possible because the umpire had 'incorrectly' given a wide earlier in the over...when the ball had come off the leg of Shamsi. That extra ball almost won Pakistan the game!!

danzydab

U19 12th Man
the ball starting moving alot for the seamers towards the end. but this was a diabolical batting performance by south africa, seems like they fall into immense pressure when chasing.

pakistan was also reckless with the bat, they should've won this easily if they didnt throw way their wickets towards the end

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
The 1st close match of this tournament?! Anyway, Australia are rounding into form and will win it again. NZ, India and SA are all certified and experienced chokers in the knockout stages.