• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Kenya in Bangladesh

Hasib

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Really good win from bangladesh... I hope we won't be discribed with the likes of Kenya and Zimbabwe anymore after this

As for the Australian tour...well alright it won't be the greatest series for us but the amount of experiance we will gain is enourmous and thats what really matters

And no Kenya did not make it to the U19 world cup this year and in 2004...They were crossed by Uganda...and from what I have heard they have the biggest youth program for an associate nation.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
If Kenya don't produce some quailty players soon, i think Ireland, Scotland, Holland jump ahead of them. I think they would even find it hard to beat Namibia, UAE and Nepal.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Well done Bangladesh, Rajin shows he can play a mature innings and could know find himself slotting in at number three. IMO Javed Omar is still the best option with Shahriar Nafees.

Kenya have a lot to think about though. Tikolo, Modi and (the injured) Shah are running out of time with no obvious replacements. Sure, Mishra, Ouma, Tony Suji may become good, but at the moment the middle order without Tikolo looks very weak.

fishyguy

U19 12th Man
I was releived to see that BD won. The way Kenyans were batting at one point I was sure they'd score a big total but that was not to be. I went to sleep wondering what Rajin Saleh would do with the opportunity to open and today when I woke up I saw that he had justified it with a 100. So good on him.

Well I guess the honeymoon's over for the BD team. Time to get back to reality. Talk about going from facing the bottom team to playing the best in the world.

I know we will be thrashed, even humiliated but as long as we keep playing the top teams and more importantly learning from our mistakes and showing improvement i'll be happy.

Dasa

Really well done from Bangladesh. Yes, it was only Kenya but the Bangladeshis have clearly shown they know how to win games now. I wouldn't be surprised if they do manage to run Australia close in the ODIs.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Great series win for Bangladesh, deserved. I`m very happy to see Mortaza with great figures and Nafees scoring some runs. Bashar would be delighted to pass 50 as well.

Jungle Jumbo

Cricket Web Series Review

Before the recent clash between Bangladesh and Kenya, many pundits highlighted the home side's recent troubles against their supposedly lesser African opposition, while many in Kenya still considered their team as good as the Tigers'. But what followed was either the collapse of a mini-era of some prolific Kenyan cricketers, or the widening of yet another gulf between nations.

For Bangladesh the progression over the past three years since a dismal 2003 World Cup campaign is enormous. There a disjointed batting lineup was shredded by a disciplined Kenyan bowling unit, while mammoths with the bat such as Ravindu Shah, Steve Tikolo and Maurice Odumbe constantly churned out the runs. Only Tikolo featured in the recent series, striking 99 runs in three innings. Odumbe, banned following match-fixing convictions, and Shah, injured, did not - and now it was the Kenyan side which appeared imbalanced. Tanmay Mishra, a 19-year-old right-hander, impressed, but is in no position yet to accept the burden of the middle-order lynchpin.

Likewise the bowlers appear to have reached the end of their tether, and fresher talent must be sought after. Martin Suji, no longer the reliable seamer he was, went wicketless in 22 expensive overs. Three years ago Collins Obuya destroyed a prolific Sri Lankan side in Nairobi, now the leg-spinner was consigned to just 31 ludicrously dear overs spread over four games. Kenya must rebuild: the settled side of the past decade is disintegrating, and if they are to compete at the next World Cup, new players will have to be blooded.

Not that Bangladesh played poorly. Coming off the back of a buoyant series against Sri Lanka, they now appear to have found the magic formula. In Javed Omar and Shahriar Nafees they now have a solid opening partnership, with Rajin Saleh worthy backup and a possible number three should the explosive Aftab Ahmed drop down the order. In that context, the series could prove to make Bangladesh a victim of their own success. Has Aftab Ahmed got the substance for a number three, given better bowling and trickier surfaces? Will Bangladesh's mix of accurate medium-pace and slow-left arm be quite so effective against more experienced batsmen in the wider ODI arena?

No-one can deny the importance for Bangladesh of these four back-to-back wins. The repeated criticisms of the past are fast fading and they have certainly established themselves over both Kenya and Zimbabwe. For a team on the rise, wins, no matter who the opposition is, are crucial. A consistent squad of enthusiastic players is gradually coming together, and another real scalp is on the horizon. The upcoming visit of the Australians gives them a chance to prove their true mettle, and while a series win is unthinkable, the odd upset is a distinct possibility. Remember Cardiff 2005, anyone?

Cricket Web Man of the Series
Mohammad Rafique

Last edited: