• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL 2024

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Ah come on man.. I actually watched what he said. It can be annoying when every tom, dick or harry says things like that. I have commented on his batting failings everytime he has had them and its easily been the most unfair any cricketer has ever received in my time of watching this game. And FWIW, what he said is the absolute truth. I feel its only childlike and defensive to not accept this fact.

This does not mean he did not bat well in the games he didn't. But there can be multiple reasons for it. That game where he got his 100 and where so many here were criticizing his batting is a good example.
There's been microphases of a few innings where he's gone into his shell and not been able to get out of it, or played for a milestone and hurt his team in the process, as you've rightly pointed out, but the hate is 100% undeserved. Im still amazed that earlier in the tournament all the focus was on kohli, and not the bowlers or the other batsmen.

vmaddy

Cricket Spectator
So frustrated with this CSK selection and batting intent from the likes of Rahane and Mitchell.. Atleast Rachin had intent.. and they dropped him..

vmaddy

Cricket Spectator
CSK should have dropped Mitchell and Fizz.. Gone with Rachin and Theekshana instead... and should've used their Indian pace contingent more.. They should've gone with Chahar, Thakur, Tushar and Mukesh..

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Think gotta give up on CSK for this season now. Its unfortunate but injuries have wrecked havoc with their plans, AND the fact that they have won only 1 toss all season so far. It is already such a huge advantage to be chasing in the night games and with this bowling attack, they need a bit of help and they are just not finding it with the bat.

vmaddy

Cricket Spectator
I mean I don' tknow what their thinking is.. I can already see the SRH openers going gungho from ball-1 going to clear the inner circle every ball.. Even if they manage to hit like 20 off 3 balls, it'd be damaging.. Rahane of 2023 was just an anomaly I guess.. Rahane of old is back..

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I mean I don' tknow what their thinking is..
Nah its pretty consistent and straight forward. I just think Rutu wants to use more of the seamers and is open to changing his 12 around game to game than MSD was and maybe that takes time to get used to, for this side. But the logic has always been pretty obvious. They are maximizing and trying to play to their strengths. And had they fielded well, they would be on 10 points by now.

vmaddy

Cricket Spectator
Nah its pretty consistent and straight forward. I just think Rutu wants to use more of the seamers and is open to changing his 12 around game to game than MSD was and maybe that takes time to get used to, for this side. But the logic has always been pretty obvious. They are maximizing and trying to play to their strengths. And had they fielded well, they would be on 10 points by now.
If he is indeed doing that, he's pretty much reducing the CSK's play to RCB levels.. A player in CSK colors in the past didn't worry about his place in the XI and that's what gave them the confidence to flourish.. Unlike in the RCB's. Rachin HAD the right intent by trying to attack the bowlers.. Even in cases he got out where he'd played more than 6~7 balls, he had a very good strike-rate.. Now, we have Rahane who's so back into his shell because he's worried about his place in the XI.

vmaddy

Cricket Spectator
Only hope for this game for CSK is if dew doesn't set in.. Else even a 220+ target won't be sufficient.. EDIT: And as I say it, the dew is already out..

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
If he is indeed doing that, he's pretty much reducing the CSK's play to RCB levels.. A player in CSK colors in the past didn't worry about his place in the XI and that's what gave them the confidence to flourish.. Unlike in the RCB's. Rachin HAD the right intent by trying to attack the bowlers.. Even in cases he got out where he'd played more than 6~7 balls, he had a very good strike-rate.. Now, we have Rahane who's so back into his shell because he's worried about his place in the XI.
But they have not had 18 players play. Its the same core 14 or so players.

vmaddy

Cricket Spectator
But they have not had 18 players play. Its the same core 14 or so players.
With dew even Mustafizur's cutters are ineffective.. This should've been their line up:

Gaikwad, Rachin, Moeen, Dube, Jadeja, Dhoni, Thakur, Chahar, Deshpande, Mukesh, Theekshana, Pathirana

You'd have had 4 spinners and 5 quality pacers.. You could've had each of them specialize in specific scenarios. The batting also runs deep here given only Theekshana and Pathirana can't bat here.. Could've just allowed batsmen more attacking freedom

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Mukesh cant bat to save his life.

Ideally, I would drop Mitchell for Rahane and play Theekshana. But it also seems like Rahane is struggling. So basically, this can be their line up once the Fizz leaves.

Rachin
Rutu
Mitchell
Dube
Moeen
Rizwi
Jaddu
MSD
Chahar
Shardul
Pathirana

They can sub in Tushar for Rizwi.

vmaddy

Cricket Spectator
Mukesh cant bat to save his life.

Ideally, I would drop Mitchell for Rahane and play Theekshana. But it also seems like Rahane is struggling. So basically, this can be their line up once the Fizz leaves.

Rachin
Rutu
Mitchell
Dube
Moeen
Rizwi
Jaddu
MSD
Chahar
Shardul
Pathirana

They can sub in Tushar for Rizwi.